• This topic has 47 replies, 40 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by LoCo.
Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Your best ever barter
  • Euro
    Free Member

My heroes for ghosts
    Hot ashes for trees
    Hot air for a cool breeze
    Cold comfort for change

But my best was probably swapping a shagged out CBR600 Sport for a much newer and more expensive 600F. I told the shop i wouldn’t tell the police of their highly dubious activities if they did a straight swap. They agreed 😀

wolfenstein
    Free Member

£1500 = brand new nukeproof mega AM 2012 + nukeproof critical armour + free delivery 😆

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

a couple of 1 MB SIMMs for a kebab burner.
    Not the best but probably the most pointless

edward2000
    Free Member

I once asked in a shop for fork handles and I ended up walking out with four candles.

edward2000
    Free Member

#sorry

matt_outandabout

Phoned up Guinness and offered them ‘sponsorship’ of student sailing team racing event in Liverpool in 1994.
    = two casks, a dozen slabs of cans, a banner, loan of pump and coolerdooferthing and some more casks ‘purloined’ from the truck by colleagues as I signed for the delivery.
    8)

RichPenny
    Free Member

5k off a house, because the owner had failed to present a list of furniture within a reasonable length of time. The furniture was worth about 300, and he still sold the house fully furnished 😉

LoCo
    Free Member

Also had an ongoing dealer with the Burrows Hill cider bus (the one that goes to Glastonbury) for Burritos for hot and spicy cider, mutually beneficial deal for the 3 seasons I did running the wagon kitchen 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Your best ever barter’ is closed to new replies.