• This topic has 41 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Mark.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Young lad lost on Cannock
  • iDave
    Free Member

Looked about 12 yrs and very upset. His dad had buggered off too fast on part of a ride, he had no idea where he was. Dad nowhere to be seen and couldn’t be found. He didn’t know his dads mobile number. We took him back to Birches Valley where he said he could ride home from. Not sure how you lose your own child like that. Hopefully his dad doesn’t give him a bollocking.

djglover
    Free Member

Worst I abducted a child thread ever.

crikey
    Free Member

First thing you’ve delivered safely for a while iDave, well done… 😀

orange
    Free Member

experienced similar thing with a much younger child in a supermarket – mum had simply got fed up of child and walked off – 6 year lad was in a right state, quickly deposited child with supermarket staff who found mother at the checkout

staff were gobsmacked when they reunited child with mother – all she did was tell him off, i wanted to slap the ungrateful cow

DezB
    Free Member

Wow, what an unbelievable knobend of a father!

I wonder if it was this bloke
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1AtAQM1mNw[/video]

Come on Toby, i’ll race you!

stevewhyte
    Free Member

First thing you’ve delivered safely for a while iDave, well done…

Pmsl

yossarian
    Free Member

Well done for looking after him

Well done for posting about it on here so quickly afterwards too. Restores my faith in human nature etc.

Scamper
    Free Member

Was this on Follow Your Dad?

Edit. Anyone found some newish Endura red gloves on the road by Marquis Drive in the last day. A dopey friend left them on his car roof when in a rush to get home to the missus on time 😳

project
    Free Member

His dad had buggered off too fast on part of a ride, he had no idea where he was. Dad nowhere to be seen and couldn’t be found. He didn’t know his dads mobile number.

Obviously the dad didnt know you never ever take your child out into a forest or open space for them to enjoy, and never on a bike, the child should be sitting in front of a games console, being fed burgers, and crap on the tv,while the dad reads the daily wail about the risks of child abduction, and all those naughty people out there trying to steal their child, and thus deprive the parent of child benefit etc.

singletrackmind

Hopefully the Dad is still out therehitting a Strava KOMsearching for his son.
    Well done iDave.

Junkyard
    Free Member

If surf mat stops doing your PR give me a shout as next week I think saving some kittens will help with your image rehabilitation process.

scuzz
    Free Member

If surf mat stops doing your PR give me a shout as next week I think saving some kittens will help with your image rehabilitation process.

This is very close to the perfect STW politics thread.

crikey
    Free Member

Just…just, LOL.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I am diversifying my skills.

Idave I will leave it now as i believe everyone deserves a second chance.

codybrennan
    Free Member

Hopefully the dad wasn’t lying comatose behind a rock or bush somewhere…

Jamie
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hnbmml8fOY[/video]

rOcKeTdOg

i don’t think i’d have let the lad wander off looking for his home myself, i’d have told him to wait at the cafe with the staff/FC staff

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Looked about 12 yrs and very upset. His dad had buggered off too fast on part of a ride, he had no idea where he was. Dad nowhere to be seen and couldn’t be found. He didn’t know his dads mobile number.

Was the kid ginger? Have you ever thought maybe it was deliberate? Now look what you’ve gone and done!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Is there a “Top Trumps” or top ten of stw villains? I’m sure there’s some jewellery and disc brake ones, that guy who pretended to be behind on his rent (bit different as that was proper fraud), anyone else?

Junkyard
    Free Member

whose top trumps ours or the mods?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Surely you can buy them in the stw shop? Alongside the stw “Big Hitter” set?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Go on start a thread so we can come up with categories for each set 😉

Squidlord
    Free Member

They might look like this: linky

hora
    Free Member

Why post this topic?

chomp
    Free Member

I could never work out why Godzilla had a pink bowtie

I guess that explains his poor Horror Rating 🙂

grum
    Free Member

Dad nowhere to be seen and couldn’t be found.

Perhaps he had some clients he owed money to.

Ba-doom-tish.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

4 star guy? Woohoo, thank you (bows) 😉

takisawa2

Good man idave. I’d have probably done the same.

atlaz
    Free Member

What about the poor wolves doing without their dinner tonight eh? Won’t somebody think of the (wolves) children?

Bernaard
    Free Member

Chomp, I had a set of horror top trumps like that. The clown was the scariest

As for the kid, I would have taken him to the cafe where the bird with the big norks works and told him to ask her how babies were made

alex222
    Free Member

Be sure to collect your reward.

xiphon
    Free Member

I hear there are some ‘lost’ payments that need to be safely returned too…

colint
    Free Member

thats right tucker, one for each brain cell

qtip

thats right tucker, one for each brain cell

That’s one of the best comebacks I’ve ever heard. Almost as good as “no, but you are”.

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

[/quote]Why post this topic

Maybe because the father will search this forum or google, lost son!

Yet seem to read topics from yourself and wonder around like an aimless chicken thinking the same! 🙄

bwaarp
    Free Member

Wow, what an unbelievable knobend of a father!

When I was 12 me and friends used to roam around the countryside….by ourselves…oh the delinquent horror!

Sounds like the kid needs to harden up and learn how to navigate or at least politely ask which direction the car park is and ride back to it.

molgrips
    Free Member

Sounds like the kid needs to harden up and learn how to navigate

I’ve been led on rides where I’ve had no idea where I am.

bwaarp
    Free Member

I’ve been led on rides where I’ve had no idea where I am.

Round Cannock, seriously?

molgrips
    Free Member

Not round Cannock. I’ve only been there once, did Follow the Dog and had no idea where I was. Trees all over the place, few landmarks, I find it quite hard to navigate.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Round Cannock, seriously?

Unless your superhuman, FC forests must rank amongst the easiest places to get lost.

First time i did FTD I assumed it was pretty much out and back, in reality it’s more peanut shaped IIRC coming back otthe start almost halfway round?

I’ve guided loads of people round Swinley, but there’s no way I could point to a trail on a map (or find the corkscrew most days!), and I still find my way back to the visitor center through luck rather than judgement, it usualy involves heading north untill i hit 9mile ride.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Young lad lost on Cannock’ is closed to new replies.