• This topic has 70 replies, 44 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by pondo.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)
  • You’ll never guess what Steve Lamacq’s talking about now…
  • nicko74

It’s only bl**dy Idles. Why hasn’t he mentioned them before? He plays so much diverse music; why doesn’t he just devote his whole show to Sleeper, Idles, and obscure British indie 1987-1993?

Seriously, BBC 6Music has got to a point where it’s only Keaveny keeping it listenable. Mary Ann Hobbes (“‘godawful noise’ is the name of that tune”) is appalling, Lamacq is the most boring man on radio (TM) and Craig Charles is back on weekends.

CountZero

There’s always Spotify, you know. They don’t pay artists anything worth a damn, but at least you won’t have a need to come on here whining about the presenters.

dawson

They seem to have resurrected Liz Kershaw for a whole single hour on Saturdays too – had been enjoying her absence.

tthew

Yes, I hope my BBC licence fee wasn’t used to pay him over all those months he was off.

Idles?? well he’d know, the idle bastard, he’s been trotting out the hospital radio standard shite for 20 years, you’d have thought with his time off he’d have at least had the imagination think of a few new features or find some better beds.

Speeder

I like Steve Lamacq, I love Craig Charles and Keaveny for that matter. Dont listen to MAH to have a view either way.

Other opinions & music tastes are available. Just be glad you’re not locked in to R2 at work like some who are tortured everyday by Steve Wright and Sara Cox.

maccruiskeen

Just listen to all the other radio stations you like 🙂

Speeder

or start your own radio station that features your own taste in music. ;o)

tthew

Just listen to all the other radio stations you like

That’s my plan. 👍

mrhoppy

I’m very disappointed that Craig Charles got bumped back to the weekend slot. I really enjoyed his drive time show, tended to listen to it riding Zwift.

Lurpak just doesn’t hit the mark, whilst I like the music genre it’s put together with all the enthusiasm of a council planner. He was tedious on R1 when I was a yoof and he’s not got any better with age.

doris5000

Fontaines DC can bore off and all

jim25

Oh my god.
    Fontaine dc and pigs pigs pigs.. What is their fascination with them!!

Craig Charles was the best show on the station

kayak23

Yup, Fontaines, pigs, Idles, that woman who does all the whirly, whirly chaotic music. All get in the sea.

Craig Charles was good in the afternoon. Loved the trunk of punk.

MAH really does play some incredibly up it’s own bum music. If she says ‘I see you’ literally one more time though!… 😡

Even Lauren. The amount of wet blankets read out on her show, ‘I’m just sitting here in tears listening to that…’ No you’re effing not, clearly you’re sitting there tweeting a radio show! 😡

I like a bit of Hugh Stevens actually. Nice Welsh lilt. It’s good when he’s covering.

Really liking Tom Ravenscroft too.

Going off Keaveny a bit, mainly because when he’s on with my non-radio six liking colleague in the workshop he makes me too self conscious that he’s waffling on about shit.

Still, love Radio 6. There isn’t anything as overall listenable imho.

bigginge

We miss Craig Charles of a week night now. Little ginge was particularly fond of all the old school punk, and it was nice watching him dance while I made his dinner.

jim25

Well that’s that then. How do we get Craig Charles back on daily?

rOcKeTdOg

Crisps, on the radio

nicko74

Still, love Radio 6. There isn’t anything as overall listenable imho.

This! I can’t stand Lamacq, MAH does my head in and hearing Liz Kershaw may result in radio exiting through window – but it’s tough to find much else that’s significantly better

andylc
    Free Member

I find it almost impossible to listen to the Craig C Funk and Soul show but his covering of the afternoon was great. If Tom Ravenscroft, Gid Coe, Mark and Stuart could cover the rest with the odd smattering of Cerys, Guy Garvey and Huw Stephens that would be fine thanks.

onecheshirecat
    Free Member

Thank Christ it’s not just me… MAH and Steve Lamacq absolutely do my head in.

DezB
    Free Member

Fontaines DC can bore off and all

Every show, every bloody day… unoriginal, dull shite been done 10 times better in every previous decade…plus about 3 other soundalike bands “OOh that’s the same producer as Fontaines Dc” Well **** me, I never could’ve guessed!
    YFH, I’ve needed the radio a bit to get me going, but I’m back to MP3s after hearing that shite over and over. (along with “ooh what haircuts you having during lockdown?” “what you been out shopping for today?” hahaha! brilliant dunno how they think of this stuff!)
    I did discover 1 song I liked and hadn’t heard of! In 2 months.. 1 song! 😂

rOcKeTdOg

Guy Garvey

I reckon he does his show staring at himself in the mirror, loves the sound of his own voice & thinks he’s done everything and has met & is mates with everyone.

Apart from that & his taste in music he’s fine especially when I leave the radio for the cat and I’ve gone out

nicko74

the cat and I’ve gone out

I mean, you say that, but how do you know the cat’s happy with it?!

andylc
    Free Member

You are a miserable lot sometimes! Although I’ve yet to find anyone who doesn’t find MAH unbelievably irritating.

richardkennerley

Think yourselves lucky, I heard an entire day of radio 1 at work today!

kayak23

Think yourselves lucky, I heard an entire day of radio 1 at work today!

True. I work with a yoot now and again and I let him put radio 1 on.

It’s weird, but so much of the music on there sounds more middle of the road and middle aged than anything I listen to, and I’m middle aged, he’s 20 😅

It’s all either maximum emosh emphasis whining, or dreadful footballer R&B with that autotune vocal robot effect. Terrible..

Still, it’s a bit more understandable why some folks listen to that than commercial radio.. I….just….don’t……understand. 🤔

stevious

I like Mary Ann Hobbs.

There are some presenters on 6Music that I don’t like but I’m not sure why I’d write about it on the internet.

johnx2
    Free Member

Just be glad you’re not locked in to R2

You are. For the ever so slightly up themselves.

andrewreay

This thread has made me smile.

I whinge about 6M but love it at the same time. And every time I listen to something else (especially R1) I love 6M a little bit more.

That said, Hairy Man Hobbs can do one. And was Guy Garvey in a band at some point? I don’t think he’s ever mentioned it.

And bloody Fontaines DC and Pigs x7, as above.

But, Crisps on the Radio, Cerys, Craig Charles, etc etc etc. Can easily find things that are worth the licence fee on their own.

I think we all just love to hate the best thing on the radio by far.

DezB
    Free Member

There are some presenters on 6Music that I don’t like but I’m not sure why I’d write about it on the internet.

Whereas that was really worth writing!

alanl
    Free Member

Marc Riley has upped the game in lockdown. I know his last half hour is a repeat every night, but, it is a good repeat. He is the one reason for paying the licence fee.
    Along with Gid of course, who loves a bit of rock and roll/rackabilly.

cb200
    Free Member

I’ve grown to quite enjoy MAH, although I get mildly irritated/amused every time she says a track has been “lifted” from an album. That and her awkward laugh when interviewing. I enjoy the variety of music though.

Lamacq just gets turned off, for the reasons mentioned above.

Thank goodness for BBC Sounds – currently going through Don Letts’ shows.

pondo

You are a miserable lot sometimes! Although I’ve yet to find anyone who doesn’t find MAH unbelievably irritating.

*Puts hand up* 🙂

Whereas that was really worth writing!

Ah – hadn’t realised that dissenting voices aren’t allowed.

Twodogs

Guy Garvey

I reckon he does his show staring at himself in the mirror, loves the sound of his own voice & thinks he’s done everything and has met & is mates with everyone.

This.

I love Cery’s show…barely a week goes past without me picking up some new music from there

nickc

Huey Morgan is the sound of my Saturday morning, always has some good tunes going on

DezB
    Free Member

hadn’t realised that dissenting voices aren’t allowed.

When all the dissenting voice has to say is that they’re not going to slag something and in saying that they are just slagging what someone else is saying… Well, surely you get it now?!

pondo

You took…

…I’m not sure why I’d write about it on the internet…

… as a slagging? You poor delicate petal – need a hug? 🙂

fingerbang
    Free Member

Back to the op…..is it Gay Dad ? Or menswear? Perhaps it was echobelly?

locum76
    Free Member

Lavern is allowed coz I’ve fancied her since yoof. Idles are brilliant. Welsh lady can Gits coz the tone of her voice is hard to bear. Lurpak is too dull. Robinson should be on daily.

tommyhine

Lamacq is so dull, if i’m driving i turn over immediately. At home i rarely listen to radio 6 anymore apart from at the weekends with Huey, Giles etc.

On the subject of Giles his own radio station Worldwide FM is great (although some of the shows are specific to genres that don’t float my boat). Proper music lovers from all over the world playing the music that gets them going. I rarely hear much I’ve not heard before.

pondo

Good shout ^^^, will give Worldwide a try – thank you. 🙂

IHN

I think I like everything on R6M bar MAH and Keaveny. And given that I don’t listen to it in the day in the week, that works out just fine.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘You’ll never guess what Steve Lamacq’s talking about now…’ is closed to new replies.