• This topic has 59 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by iainc.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • You won't believe this, but I've made a decision…
  • curiousyellow
    Free Member

Wait, if it’s only for 5-6 times a year why not get something bigger?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Glad you have decided Kryton. My turn now. Paint/ascetics aside, I think the Anthem SX is a great bike. Sat on one last week and will demo. Hate the colours though (sorry). Is it better than a camber Evo…..that is my choice

Kryton57

curiousyellow – Member
    Wait, if it’s only for 5-6 times a year why not get something bigger?

What do you mean by bigger?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    iainc

I like that a lot and good value kit, sorted geometry. In fact when LBS does it’s 20% off everything for 2 days at Christmas I could be sorely tempted !

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Something with more travel I guess.

Kryton57

It’s for Xc racing and forest singletrack. Don’t need 160mm for that.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

I’d just sub in the HT for all of that and get a toy for the bigger days.

To each his own I guess.

As a newcomer to MTB it’s been enlightening to see someone else’s thought process though. I am in a similar situation. I have a race oriented full-sus that was my first proper bike a couple of years ago. I’ve butchered it over time to do heavier duty stuff as my riding progressed. I’ve now decided to return it to a race bike (as time and money permit) and save up for a bigger bike in the future because the hit I’d take on selling it would break my heart!

Nobby

It’s for Xc racing and forest singletrack. Don’t need 160mm for that.

You used to 😉

I like (yellow bits aside). As I told you, our local racing whippet has had all 3 wheel sizes on the Anthem & he is adamant the 27.5 is the best of the three for speed & comfort.

Shame you couldn’t stretch to the Advanced Team – much better colour scheme 🙂

Kryton57

Oh cheers Nobby. You made me use google and I found this for £1700 – yes really.

SRAM and 100mm though. and luckily not my size.

weeksy

All depends how much you want to spend and how much the last %age of performance improvements of weight/travel/spec will potentially affect your finishing position in the race. If you think it’s the difference between a podium and a 4th, spend it.

Nobby

Lol.

The new ‘Team’ one looks fantastic IMO:

Can’t justify £5.5k on a nice paint job mind..

Kryton57

I don’t think I could justify £5.5k on any bike to my wife tbh…

So, I’ve opend my laptop and two things have happened in the space of 10 seconds;

a) I got so excited I forgot to press the “confirm payment” button which was off screen at the time, so I haven’t bought the SX yet

b) My hitherto deliberately bike-nonchalant wife just walk in, saw the picture and said, “I thought the one with bigger wheels was better, cheaper too wasn’t it?”

ngggg… arghhh… grrrr…

Nobby

Tell her no, no it isn’t. Nino said so. 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

The new ‘Team’ one looks fantastic IMO:

I agree with that.

And yes, just buy the 27.5″ one, it will bring you Nino-esque levels of performance. Guaranteed*

*possibly not

Kryton57

Lol! Right, time to put the Yeti in the classfieds… Gulp!

njee20
    Free Member

Have you double checked with Alex? Is there time for him to buy one first?

munrobiker
    Free Member

Where may I cash in my million points for giving you the correct answer-

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/what-bike-for-9

Just found this. 2015 Anthem SX. It will be phenomenally fast. Everywhere.

*basks in glory*

Kryton57

Ha Ha Njee – no, he bought a Spearfish, and is still keeping up the tradition of falling over every ride, twice in fact at Oktoberfest.

njee20
    Free Member

I’d expect no less!

iainc

Keen to know how it rides, I suspect I may be drawn to a demo later in the year…

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘You won't believe this, but I've made a decision…’ is closed to new replies.