Viewing 25 posts - 161 through 185 (of 185 total)
  • You value my privacy – every 10 minutes!
  • nbt

Has this been fixed yet?

*clue – no it hasn;t

Merak

FFS

Cougar

The consent form is a third-party plug-in which needs to set a cookie. If you allow third-party cookies on the site it’ll work, if you block them it will fail.

nickjb
    Free Member

If you allow third-party cookies on the site it’ll work for some people, on some devices

Ftfy

Only fix for me was to change browsers. Bit of a pain but actually it’s improved the experience quite a lot. Better navigation and pinch zoom works better too.

bruneep

but why every 2 weeks or so on ea device? this is the only site I visit that continually demands this.

Cougar

Ftfy

Sorry, I should’ve said, it *should* work. If it’s not then we’d need to know details of your configuration to go any further.

but why every 2 weeks or so on ea device?

Have you got your browser set to purge cookies every two weeks? I haven’t seen the pop-up on anything for months.

franksinatra

I don’t know what I have done or changed in settings but I never see this any of the various devices I use. Windows, Android or iOS. Always use Chrome.

nbt

I always use Chrome. get it loads on my android tablet. Only use the phone occasionally so can’t say if I get it there. Do get it from time to time on the chromebook, can’t recalloffhand if I’ve seen it on the desktop

bruneep

Jesus how many times this week?

Drac

Zero.

bruneep

pleased for you. 🙄

easily been logged out 5 or 6 times this week.

Ambrose

Never get logged out on my phone. Always have to log in on my laptop. Windows 10, fully up to date. Windows defender.

STW IT bods are not very good at their jobs.

whitestone
    Free Member

The consent form is a third-party plug-in which needs to set a cookie. If you allow third-party cookies on the site it’ll work, if you block them it will fail

I have third-party cookies blocked (no exceptions) on all platforms and browsers and I don’t get the popups.

The popup only needs to set a cookie because it’s badly written: it should try to write a cookie (which will of course be a third party cookie), if it can’t then the browser user doesn’t want third party cookies by default that includes all the tracking and advertising cookies no need to do anything more like pestering the user. If it can write a cookie then it asks for preferences.

Logging out? The standard time periods for WordPress login: 2 weeks if I check the “Remember me” box, two days if I don’t. I’ve posted the fix to change this to indefinite (or any other period) before so it’s not fixed.

nbt

Had it several times last night on the android tablet, and just had it now – windows PC with chrome

nbt

And again just now TWICE on my phone: once before clicking on the thread, then again when the thread loaded

trailwagger
    Free Member

Since loosing my p a few weeks ago I now get the privacy notice every time I visit the site. Windows 10, Edge, accept all cookies setting.

pitduck
    Free Member

nobody’s listening nobody cares…

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Never really got it but a couple of weeks ago I get it EVERY time I go to a new page.
    Website – get it
    Click forum get it.
    click on title get it
    click next page get it……

Is there something I can check in settings or anything I can check to try and stop it?
    Like I said never really got it but now every bloody time…
    (windows, google chrome)

Drac

Try this cookie removal tool.

https://singletrackworld.com/reset-cookies/

Cougar

This one?

pondo

Cookie tool doesn’t fix it (still), cookies set to be accepted, don’t get this on any other site, didn’t get it on here before the upgrade.

Drac

Cookie tool doesn’t fix it (still), cookies set to be accepted, don’t get this on any other site, didn’t get it on here before the upgrade.

I don’t get it on here but do on Imgur.

johnners
    Free Member

I get it twice per page change (well, I have to click the button twice to move on!). Chrome, Android Pie. Unless I get my VPN to pretend I’m from the US, ‘cos GDPR=EU and amazingly enough the plugin seems to be coded to check that.

So try setting your VPN to outside the EU is what I’m saying.

Tim
    Free Member

The consent form is a third-party plug-in which needs to set a cookie. If you allow third-party cookies on the site it’ll work, if you block them it will fail.

So to stop this ruining browsing experience I have to allow unknown 3rd party cookies?

Seems secure…

I stopped browsing STW after being told to FO over commenting on the increasing clickbait content on Facebook. I’ve just started using it again!

blokeuptheroad

Change this setting, disable that, pretend to live in another country. VPNs, cookies, adblockers. I’m an IT numpty, but if so many people are having these issues, doesn’t it suggest it’s the way the software is designed and maybe not the users’ fault? I don’t want to mess around changing settings I don’t understand for one site, when all the others seem to work fine without. This place is a font of knowledge so I will carry on and deal with the RSI from constantly closing that effing box when it inevitably arises!

Viewing 25 posts - 161 through 185 (of 185 total)

The topic ‘You value my privacy – every 10 minutes!’ is closed to new replies.