Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You thought you lived in a tip
  • poolman
    Free Member

Reading through the tenant issue posts on here I came across this flat for sale. I think it’s the worst place I have ever seen but no doubt there are worse out there.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-27977352.html

Sadly the price is about right, 170k for a shoebox – they will probaby get c 160k for it.

trail_rat
    Free Member

same up with us.

contents of the house doesnt matter apparently – if its mortgagable and its got land.

folks will pay the going rate for the plot with a house.

we spent nearly a year looking and saw such a variation on even the same kind of house – price always the same regardless of condition inside – and the buggers always sold.

hora
    Free Member

Looking at the matter on the walls (no not the vertical beam) either thats a very very heavy smoker and/or he/she has laid dead in there for quite a while.

djglover
    Free Member

thats still a bargain for sw london

hora
    Free Member

Tbh that could be completely stripped to 4walls by a novice in less than a day- tiles etc wacked off then reskimmed. Wouldnt take long at all.

samuri
    Free Member

Why is there police tape around the toilet?

hora
    Free Member

Coming to America- the previous occupant was found there, its a shame what they did to that guide dog.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Tbh when I’ve been looking at doer-uppers i don’t see much difference between something that’s liveable with full 80’s kitchens and bathrooms etc, and something like that. They both need gutting and starting from bare walls, so makes little difference.

A small time investor will snap that up and have it modernised inside 2 months

poolman
    Free Member

Great tips from fellow investors or have you all been watching too much Phil & Kirstie.

It is a good buy actually, if I had the cash I would go for it.

andyl
    Free Member

taped up toilet with an air freshener on top 😯

I don’t think it’s police tape, I’ve seen it on other fixer-uppers to stop people going anywhere near an very unsanitary toilet.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Of course it’s police tape, that toilet is clearly a crime scene.

myheadsashed

For once I agree with Hora – easier to deal with as everything goes in the skip. Start from bare walls and floor and a gallon of bleach 😉

jonahtonto
    Free Member

as above. the less crap in it the better. rip it out, re-wire, re-skim. im sure people think a ‘shell’ bathroom is worth whatever they paid for it 15yrs ago, but to an investor its just space in an (expensive) skip

hora
    Free Member

On a very basic level- inthe last 30yrs there have been two dead ladies in my house. If its cleaned up properly. Who cares?!

samuri
    Free Member

How did you get rid of the bodies?

cruzcampo
    Free Member

£170 for a studio flat is crazy money 😯

Get a decent 3 bed around here for that, in an ok area, ready to move straight into decor wise 😆

Northwind

hora – Member

in the last 30yrs there have been two dead ladies in my house. If its cleaned up properly. Who cares?!

/internet.

trail_rat
    Free Member

but if its not in london then its entirely irrelevent.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘You thought you lived in a tip’ is closed to new replies.