Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You think your fit till….
  • lotto
    Free Member

You dig a hole in your garden looking for a burst water pipe .4ftx4ft and no more than 3ft deep . That felt like grafting. Stoney clayey ground . Glad I’m of this generation and not a pick and shovel miner . Can’t wait for my chili con carne tonight.

km79
    Free Member

Image result for do you even lift bro

Three_Fish
    Free Member

I think my fit till? Therefore my fit till?

cloudnine
    Free Member

At least with your ‘burst water pipe’.. there was the fear and adrenalin of getting caught to help you along and get it ‘buried’.

neilthewheel

But have you had your tit fill?

stu170
    Free Member

My wife’s an archaeologist, I went to work one day with her for a bit of fun. Fun it is not, she tasked me with digging out a 6ftx6ft area 2ft deep, no problems…..or so I thought, heavy clay and wet. It took an hour of me huffing and puffing, felt proud as punch when I’d finished and went to find her to see what’s next, she’d done 2 this size whilst I’d done one, and was onto the recording phase moaning I’d taken so long and it would have been better if she had just done it on her own as I’d not taken enough out of the ditch.

Don’t know how she does it day in day out, great to have for the garden though

hamishthecat
    Free Member

^^ That’s 3-4 tonnes of material shifted plus the work of cutting the ground. I find it difficult to believe you could do that in an hour, let alone do the same twice.

legend
    Free Member

Need pics of wife as proof

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I thought I was fit till I had to get a concreted in fence post out.

singlespeedstu

Need pics of wife as proof in a bikini with a shovel and covered in mud…

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>Just finished that off for you.</span>

ebennett

Should have used divining rods, would have taken you straight to it.

whitestone
    Free Member

Well, surprise, surprise, you get fit at what you do most of and struggle with other activities.

I used to be a scaffolder and could work ten hour days – now an hour even at non-professional pace would probably knacker me. Similarly before I took up biking I was a climber and fell-runner, I’d struggle with either now having not climbed for five years and not run for about eight.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I can hand dig, worked with a grave digger for a bit and he could really really hand dig. But digging two holes that size in an hour makes me want to meet your wife and offer her a job….

dissonance

But digging two holes that size in an hour makes me want to meet your wife and offer her a job….

Especially since if it was a proper archaeological dig and I assume it was from the reference to recording I would have thought it would rather slow due to having to see what was there as opposed to just ripping it out.

welshfarmer

eye opener for me the other day was watching a piece about the Caledonian Canal. The Navvies on that job were only paid if they were able to dig with a pick and spade 12 cubic yards of material a day. Day in, day out. They probably thought it was easy money, coming from a subsistence life on the highland crofts.

kimbers

I thought this was an mtb thread

My story

Practicing the mega course about 2007?

I was on some steep rocky singletrack, my stinky & 66s at their limit, traveling at a pace as fast as any mortal man could manage, when I heard  ‘rider’

All 3 Athertons zipped past me so fast I felt stationary.

epicyclo

My brother is an ex Royal Engineer. Watching him disappear into the ground when he’s digging a hole is unreal.

He’s pretty strong, but he reckons it’s all down to technique and he doesn’t like little spades.

Moses

… you have your first try at bouldering in your 60s.

My arms and shoulders feel as if they’ve been half ripped off.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

I start to cycle,then cold hard reality dawns.Its spring ,I’m fat and my lungs are asthmatic.Still,the only way is up.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

<h1 class=”post-title”>You think your fit till</h1>

Yes, I can bring into being, a remarkably good-looking antique cash device by just imagining it.

weeksy

Why people pick up on grammatical errors is truly beyond me. It’s like kicking fat kids or abusing the kid with the lisp in school.

Yes, he typed it wrong guys, get over it and stop being pathetic.

pocpoc
    Free Member

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>“monkeycmonkeydo
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Member</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

I start to cycle,then cold hard reality <span class=”skimlinks-unlinked”>dawns.Its</span> spring ,I’m fat and my lungs are <span class=”skimlinks-unlinked”>asthmatic.Still,the</span> only way is up.”

</div>

It’s easier on the down though

EDITED for quotes becauser the quote function is shite.

EDIT EDIT: **** it, I give up!

whitestone
    Free Member

Why people pick up on grammatical errors is truly beyond me. It’s like kicking fat kids or abusing the kid with the lisp in school.

Nah, it’s more fun than that 🙂

If you write something incorrectly then every reader has to perform extra work to mentally correct that mistake. Much better to do it correctly in the first place. Letter transpositions like “hte” are simple typing errors and don’t materially alter the meaning of what’s written. Grammatical errors do alter the meaning and therefore need pointing out, just because this is a conversational forum and not a legal document or similar doesn’t change that.

Yours, tongue partly in cheek …

whitestone
    Free Member

@pocpoc – when quoting don’t copy the user name and status, just copy the text you wish to quote.

fasthaggis

You think you are fast till.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Yes, he typed it wrong guys, get over it and stop being pathetic.

Yes, he typed it incorrectly guys, get over it and stop being pathetic.

FTFY

weeksy

Yes, he typed it incorrectly guys, get over it and stop being pathetic.

FTFY

You’re probably sitting there thinking “yeah that was funny”

everyone else is sitting there thinking “Tosser…”

gordimhor

Your a mind reader Weeksy.  Or are you? 🙂

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘You think your fit till….’ is closed to new replies.