Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You think Parcel Force are bad
  • mugsys_m8

Right, I personally found this bit bizarre.

I live in France, and have just ordered a load of stuff form Wiggle. A week has passed and still no sign. I already know that a courier with a chain reaction package, sent at roughly the same time has failed to find our house.

So, on checking our mail box last night I find a letter, from Wiggle’s couriers stating that they did not have enough information to deliver the parcel and that we should contact them.

I’ll say it again. They sent me a letter to tell me they could not deliver a parcel due to an inaccurate address……………..

Sheer madness, although admittedly our address is a little bit confusing as there are no house numbers on our road which is a main road through the village.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Sounds fair enough to be honest. Worth the risk of a letter worth pennies to find out the proper address for some expensive bike kit I suppose. The theory being the letter will get delivered and you would reply earlier rather than you waiting for ages for no parcel then querying it.

Could be worse – you should try the Home Delivery Network that Amazon seem to have stared using. They left my laptop in a cardboard box at the front door all day whilst I was at work last week.

And the courier who left some rifle parts beside the bin, the one what left an expensive DVD player in the wheelie bin (“because it was raining”, I quote), and a set of Hope Hoops by the back door (which is visible from the street…).

theflatboy
    Free Member

i don’t think parcel force are bad. don’t tell me what i do and don’t think.

Davy
    Free Member

Our postman left a parcel in our wheelie bin the other week. Not quite sure why though, as I was in at the time. He never even bothered to ring the doorbell.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I will post all the details on this eventually – but try this from a bunch of monkeys called DPD
    Laptop to be returned to the CurrysDixonsPCworld collective due to a failed battery – no they can’t just send out a replacement battery.
    Courier turns up at wrong place to collect laptop. Given corect pickup details and my phone number. Doesn’t bother.
    Collection re-arranged for following day. Collected. Delivered to wrong address. Returnd to a different place from where it was collected, with a sticker saying for Dr X (not me). Being in the wrong place, and not addresed to me, but the CurrysDiconsPCworld collective, being about as useless as DPD actually think it’s in their warehouse, it’s about 2 weeks before we find out it’s missing. The Collective agree to replace it as there’s a clause in their warranty that says if it’s not fixed in 28 days, it gets replaced. And, as it happens, I can get a better one, so I’m ok with that. It’s Thursday, but as I’m not in the office until Wednesday, pickup is arranged for Wednesday. And not by DPD (it’s DHL). So on Monday, DPD turn up looking for my laptop. Someone gives the courier my mobile and he calls me looking for the laptop. I tell him a) pickup was due on Wednesday, not Monday and b) it’s not them who are picking it up, as they’ve already managed to lose it once. Wednesday, DHL come and pick up laptop. Do do DPD.
    When it was returned to the wrong place with the wrong person’s name on it, guess the name of the person who signed for it according to DPD. “Insufficient Address”.
    ME: Really, that’s an interesting name, is it foreign?

m1k6y
    Free Member

Our postman left a parcel in our wheelie bin the other week. Not quite sure why though, as I was in at the time. He never even bothered to ring the doorbell.
    Good job it wasn’t bin collection day.

I sent some expensive speakers off with Parcel force, two weeks later they were left on my doorstep saying they could not deliver them as they would interfer with the planes equipment. Fair enough I don’t want to damage the equipment, but they didn’t seem bothered dumping them off on my doorstep with no refund of nearly £40 TWO after I sent them. I did get a refund in the end which I had to arrange.
    Ride on

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘You think Parcel Force are bad’ is closed to new replies.