Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You shouldn't have been chasing him!
  • Hohum
    Free Member

I went out last Friday on one of my normal routes. This takes me over the top of Dechmont Law and I quite often come across dog walkers up there (don't worry this isn't an attack at dog walkers as most of them that I come across are pretty decent people).

This time I could see a young looking sheepdog running around in the distance. It then spotted me and made a beeline towards me. As it got closer it started barking and then tried to bite my front wheel. I carried on cycling and then ended up running it over as the daft thing managed to get itself tangled up with my wheel.

I stopped and the owner came over and went over to see his dog. At this point it looked like the dog was trying to win an oscar or something because it was lying on its back, whimpering with it paw in the air bent over at 90 degrees!

The dog owner said, "Oh no, you haven't broken your leg have you?" and started to feel the bent over paw. The dog did not make any yelps or anything, so I guessed that nothing was actually broken.

He then said, "You shouldn't have been chasing him!". I thought that he was talking to me and quickly replied, "Hang on a minute mate, your dog was chasing me!". That's when I realised that he was talking to his dog, lol!

Turns out the dog was only 6 months old and still quite exciteable. We both agreed that this may teach him a lesson and that he would give up on chasing cyclists in the future.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

I'd love to have seen some video of the "acting dog". Sounds worse than my 9 year old son when he thinks he's hurt himself!

lookmanohands
    Free Member

got 2 collies and they are proper drama queens, the holding the paw in the air is the oldest trick in the book 😆

Eccles
    Free Member

They're buggers for wheels, collies. You should see them when they see a tractor. All the farm dogs where I grew up had an average of about 3 and a half legs for this reason.

soobalias
    Free Member

that is an absolute disgrace, dogs like that should be muzzled at all times as it is quite clearly out of control, i really dont see why the owner should get away with that, you should report it because next time a child might be involved.

lookmanohands
    Free Member

🙄

pikey999
    Free Member

that is an absolute disgrace, dogs like that should be muzzled at all times as it is quite clearly out of control, i really dont see why the owner should get away with that, you should report it because next time a child might be involved

your joking right??

docrobster
    Free Member

They're buggers for wheels, collies. You should see them when they see a tractor. All the farm dogs where I grew up had an average of about 3 and a half legs for this reason.

We had a pup squashed under a tractor wheel when I was a lad. They take a while to learn not to try and stop 3 tonnes of massey ferguson with their jaws! 😆
    Still the only dog I would have though. Love to see a well trained border collie do its stuff.

soobalias
    Free Member

pikey and lookmanohands, joking? JOKING? hardly a joking matter is it.

wont somebody please think of the children!

(evidently my first comment was not OTT enough, but i object to having to qualify my words with a #winkysmiley#)

Eccles
    Free Member

Actually, thinking about it, the bigger the wheels the more excitable the silly buggers seem to get, so if you're passing a farm in a group, send the guy on the 29er in first…

bigyinn
    Free Member

Here we go again…..

nickegg
    Free Member

As long there are no wheel shaped children around then there won't be problem!

Seriously SOOBalias…it's a 6 month old COLLIE pup! I tihnk you might need the muzzle 😛 They take a hell of alot of training you know. If you've never grown up with or owned dogs then fair enough but attacking a wheel is a touch different to a child!!!!

My 4 year old staffy/jack russell cross would never bite a child but she'll try and bite my feet when pedalling along!

lookmanohands
    Free Member

(tannoy) TJ to the tread please (tannoy)

i loves these threads…. 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

bigyinn
    Free Member

Dont, please dont. The world just doesnt need another kicking dog thread, its not due until mid june currently….

GaryLake
    Free Member

(evidently my first comment was not OTT enough, but i object to having to qualify my words with a #winkysmiley#)

SOOBalias – I think this needed to be a bold blinking marquee in order to get picked up by the subtle sense of humor detectors…

crispybacon
    Free Member

Bloody collies – the one & only time I got bitten out riding was by a collie, little fecker bit my ankle 😥

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘You shouldn't have been chasing him!’ is closed to new replies.