You lot on Twitter?

Home Forum Chat Forum You lot on Twitter?

Viewing 45 posts - 1 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • You lot on Twitter?
  • camo16

Yeah, I have a Twitter acc somewhere, but never use it…

I still have no idea how or why non-famous people Tweet. Who reads these Tweets?

Premier Icon unklehomered
    Subscriber

mine is TheUnklehomer – i think, never use mine, but I do the twitter account for our trailbuilding group. @singletraction1 give us a follow! We tweet pics, and, errr stuff about building trails.

freddyg

I opened an account to see what the fuss was all about. IMHO it’s a bit rubbish.

Premier Icon unklehomered
    Subscriber

Yeah, its good for groups and organisations to communicate, or – dare i say – network, but for personal conflabing, its a bit balls.

I should warn you all that mine are likely to be somewhat geeky tweets. And pictures of bikes in pieces everywhere.

unklehomered – Followed.

freddyg – I guess it’s not for everyone πŸ™‚
    camo16 – Those who find you interesting. I guess in my industry (I’m a Web Developer) it’s probably a bit more common that others. We live online after all.

camo16

camo16 – Those who find you interesting.

Ah – that’s it, then. 😳

My twitter feed is full of tech related stuff and thats about it (other than the Singletrack guys). What are your Twitter user names?

Mines @danielsgroves.

No. Random followers are the last thing I need.

@WorldClassAccid

It wasn’t until I started on Twitter that I realised how dull I really am πŸ™

Fortunately most of the rest are equally dull – except those following me of course πŸ˜‰

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

@ukcougar if for some unfathomable reason you want to follow me. You probably want to check first, I do talk some crap.

I’m @peatylloyd. Pretty much everything I tweet is bike related or funny retweets.

bencooper

@bencooper

I regularly get mistaken for some American song warbler, and recently was mistaken for the controller of Radio 1.

This may surprise you but I tweet quite a bit about the Big Bike Bash (www.BigBikeBash.co.uk)

I also tweet about Southampton Bike Park which is another one of my projects.

I also tweet other stuff and retweet some stuff

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Those who find you interesting. I guess in my industry (I’m a Web Developer) it’s probably a bit more common that others.

I doubt that.

Big Bike Bash has its own twitter feed…

@bigbikebash

spread the word πŸ˜‰

Ed2001

now following you. πŸ™‚

Premier Icon bigblackshed
    Subscriber

Same as username. Haven’t used it in about a year. My life is too dull for twitter and the like.

piemonster

ukcougar

sniggers

Right, followed the lot of ya. Relying on ya’ll to keep me entertained at work tomorrow now πŸ˜‰

ojom

Yep. @seafooddinner

Although it is basically pish.

titusrider

I have an account, use it quite alot professionally for networking, keeping up with blogs, asking questions of experts in the field, marketing , promoting my blog, etc

as above i work in IT so we are all geeks and love it!

(also great for keeping up with cycling results and news discreetly!)

(also great for keeping up with cycling results and news discreetly!)

Also guilty of that one.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Yep. @seafooddinner

Although it is basically pish.

With that name surely it’s pΓͺcher?

Premier Icon bearnecessities
    Subscriber

I don’t bother with facebook, twitter etc. I’m too cool* to need that stuff.

* It would publicly display how few friends I have.

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg
    Subscriber

I’ve met some great people and been on some top biking days because of twitter, if you stick at it and engage in conversations it’s very engaging, if you just lurk its a bit pants, get involved

umop3pisdn

@Warbs11. I’m not particularly interesting mind.

I am up to 27 followers now – how many before I call myself the Messiah?

Most seem to be mountain bikers strangely enough

Premier Icon Cougar
    Subscriber

ukcougar

sniggers

Yeah, I was “Cougar” long before its current meaning. I’ve had some interesting messages from hopeful teenage boys.

Premier Icon wallop
    Subscriber

I’ve met some great people and been on some top biking days because of twitter

Yet you blocked me 😐

Premier Icon coolhandluke
    Subscriber

Yep,

@c00lhandluke

I quite like twitter.

timc

yer man, @timcondran

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg
    Subscriber

wallop – Member

I’ve met some great people and been on some top biking days because of twitter

Yet you blocked me

who are you on twitter?

allthegear

@rachel_norfolk

Still finding it hard to believe I have > 500 followers (mainly web developers). Even more surprised I’ve lost none over the last couple of weeks… πŸ™‚

Rachel

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

stalking following
    @smithmichaelw

It’s useful as a following tool, you have to use it to follow easily
    It’s good in disasters – has been used for comms in the recent bombings
    It’s good for events – used at conferences

follow if you likes, it’s mostly pics of my work travels (stomping round random cities on my own) an sunny dusty Oz with bikes. Also works for advertising, the missus is @squizardo and uses it to promote a clothing brand who she gets freebies from πŸ™‚

ask1974

I opened an account to see what the fuss was all about. IMHO it’s a bit rubbish.

This…

The most unfathomable means of communication… @ this and # that? No idea and zero inclination to learn, occasionally have a look to see if anything interesting has been said but tend to find it’s news I’m already aware of. I can see it’s uses but it’s not for me really.

allthegear

It’s usefulness largely depends on the availability of accounts of the people who influence you and may influence you in the future. If you can build up a good network (and that takes effort), it really shines. I’m probably a “people person” so for me it really works.

Given all the stuff I have going on in my life, it’s good to vent and, for some bizarre reason, I have received a huge amount of support along the way via friends I first met on Twitter. And yes, I now know many of the pepper I follow in real life.

Rachel

Premier Icon Stiggy
    Subscriber

I’m @MtbTwix, all bike related stuff.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

The most unfathomable means of communication… @ this and # that? No idea and zero inclination to learn

The @ is just like an email address or phone number so very easy, the # is misused so not worth worrying about.

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg
    Subscriber

the one thing i don’t understand is how upset people get when they get unfollowed like its a personal insult, other than that it’s fun

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

Don’t think I’d even notice.

@OfficialTob over here πŸ™‚

I’m not Twitter’s biggest fan, but like a dabble nevertheless.

I quote coolhandluke’s twitter Bio:

if only I could wheelie, jump not get scared on steep stuff and ride for longer, I’d be a good mountain bike rider.

That makes two of us πŸ˜€

And now thats you lor followed, my followers to following ratio is nicely out of balance – not that it was in balance before.

Premier Icon bazhall
    Subscriber

I’m @bazhallphotog

Normally use it for sharing photos I’ve taken and some times for whats on my mind

If you don’t mind running, CX, education, politics, mental health and Pro road race/politics gossip then @trustyrusty10

Viewing 45 posts - 1 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘You lot on Twitter?’ is closed to new replies.