Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 160 total)
  • You know you're old when
  • SnS
    Free Member

When you’re more interested in MPG than MPH.

Chris

white101

When you can flick through a dulux colour card with interest.

When you’ve made 3 posts on this thread and shown restraint as you could have posted 20 times.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Welcome to the club ! From the masterful Nick Lowe …

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWdaDiIjas[/video]

BigJohn

When your riding buddies start swapping emails with pictures of them in their early races and you post up yours (national Track Champs) and not only was it taken before most of them were born, the track it took place on was knocked down to make way for Spaghetti Junction.

Oh – and those respectable old grannies – and you think “bloody hell, I ****ed her”

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Biege becomes a practical clothing colour choice.
    Radio 4 becomes integral in your life.
    You have to pinch yourself when you hear yourself, almost, agreeing with UKIP policies.
    You almost blub at anything vaguely emmotional.
    You think Nick Clegg is a completly ineffectual tool………….oh, hang on, he is.

hora
    Free Member

The weathers dry/getting warmer ..soon you’ll be able to corner the car faster/at a higher speed again like its on rails with no fuss. As I thought today.

Err

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m going to say. .

You know when you are too old when:
    You sit pushing F5 (refresh) on here for most of the day.

LimboJimbo

The nightclub you used to go to turns up on 28dayslater.

vickypea
    Free Member

Beige clothes… Definitely a sign of getting old, but not one I ever intend to indulge in!

LenHankie

Your colleagues in a design studio find it scarcely believable that you used to actually draw things by hand…and are amazed that you can actually draw things by hand that look pretty cool 8)

MrsToast
    Free Member

You start getting colleagues that refer to Playstation One games as ‘retro gaming’.

Cougar

I found my first grey nostril hair today. It’s all over.

And having to explain why I use green text on a black background.

Thank christ, I thought that was just me.

sargey

You start to take notice of parkies life insurance ads on the telly.

stavromuller
    Free Member

The onset is ear and nostril hair going mad but now my eyebrows look like two horizontal Brazilians that need “tidying up”

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Renegade nasal albino spider legs.

passiflora86
    Free Member

You start to enjoy Time Team

TatWink
    Free Member

You shart yourself.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

sorry what was the question……..cup of tea anyone ?

doglover
    Free Member

When you contemplate spending more money on shampoo than you would on booze. It had caffeine in it plus makes your hair grow back.

sicklilpuppy
    Free Member

You can remember when the town centre high street was full of independent retailers, and not just pound shops, charity shops, cash converters, and everything else boarded up.

flap_jack
    Free Member

I’m also the 2nd oldest person in my office of 30 people. I feel like a dinosaur

I wouldn’t mind, but i’m only 37

Hmm, I’m second youngest in mine, and I’m 52.

mightymule
    Free Member

When you make that distinct “aaah” grunt of pleasure when you sit in an armchair.

And then make the special grunt that indicates mild displeasure and a slight struggle, when you have to get out of said chair 😳

logical
    Free Member

sicklilpuppy – Member
    You can remember when the town centre high street was full of independent retailers, and not just pound shops, charity shops, cash converters, and everything else boarded up.

So last week then?

marsdenman
    Free Member

When you put that stick, the one you’ve just used to stir paint, aside, to use next time….

When the only only places open on a Sunday were churches and pubs… except…

When, in order to continue drinking, you had to leave the pub at 3’ish on a Sunday and go in search of a local cricket club…

When a night on the town – pubs, club, kebab, taxi home came in at around a tenner!

2 pence was all you needed to use a phone box and, phone boxes were all red….

CountZero

When you see blokes wearing the latest fashions and you think ‘they look complete tits’

pootle
    Free Member

When your wife suggests you try on a pair of Craghoppers shorts with an elasticated waist, you do so to humour her then think “wow, comfy” and buy three pairs. I think I crossed a line this weekend.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Someone in a night club thinks you are CID

and

Someone asks to take your picture (again in a nightclub) because you look like their mates dad
    😆

martinxyz
    Free Member

..you remember Noel Edmonds without eye liner.

..you can say that you once had a handle on C.B. radio called ‘mighty Mouse’

..its possible for someone in the next room to hear your knee’s creaking if you bend down to tie a shoe lace. 😯

..you cut your own hair.

..you don’t even bother checking it with a 2nd mirror to see if it’s acceptable.

..you start to wear odd socks and know it’s a risk if your trousers ride up a little, but risk it anyway.

..it progresses and you start to ride the bike wearing odd socks with shorts and don’t give a phek.

..you ride your old bmx like your dad did when he tried it for the first time.

solarpowered
    Free Member

When you *scuttle off to inform the bf about 10% discount for cupids couch*

Bf then informs you that there’s no point. ….”you’ll never get your knees in that bent position!” 😯

If I were you , I’d be PLEASED with nose/ear hair!!! 😉

CountZero

..you can say that you once had a handle on C.B. radio called ‘mighty Mouse’

Well, it was Magic Rat, actually… 😀

..you start to wear odd socks and know it’s a risk if your trousers ride up a little, but risk it anyway.

Nah, I only ever wear M&S Cotton Rich sports socks in black, so it doesn’t matter…

stewartc
    Free Member

You remember when Google Street View was nothing but fields.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Breakonefourforamagicrat.. over.

Coyote
    Free Member

stewartc FTW.

jaytae
    Free Member

You remember when the 2 choices were IBM or Mackintosh and floppy discs were floppy.

sausagefingers
    Free Member

sausagefingers
    Free Member

when you can’t embed videos 😈

sausagefingers
    Free Member

when you can remember all these http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeEWtNaW6KE

sausagefingers
    Free Member

bah, i give up

mos

When it’s either a sh@g OR a ride on a Sunday morning. Because if you try to do both, the effort expended on one has a negative effect on the quality/duration of the other

Greybeard
    Free Member

When you

only ever wear M&S Cotton Rich sports socks in black

Me too!

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 160 total)

The topic ‘You know you're old when’ is closed to new replies.