Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • You know you live in a rough area when…
  • t-obias
    Free Member

Having to stop one of your neighbours stabbing the other one just before he was nicked. Then having his son bailed to the same flat to target the woman who was nearly stabbed by putting a paving slab through her car windscreen and then breaking into her flat. He was bailed to the flat just after he attempted to cut his own arm off. when questioned why he was bailed there as the arm incident was known to the law and he had his own flat anyway, we were told it was probably best to just be careful when entering and leaving the flats for the time being.

We’re still looking for somewhere new to live…..

donsimon
    Free Member

Your uncle gets banned from The Wagon & Horses, Blacon for fighting. 🙂

GrahamS

Man you lot should MOVE (preferably not anywhere near me!)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    gwj72
    Free Member

Your uncle gets banned from The Wagon & Horses, Blacon for fighting.

Your uncle went into the W&H in blacon would have done it for me!
    I was based at Dale Barracks for a while. Blacon was rich hunting grounds for completely shameless scrubbers to sneak into camp.

singletrackhor
    Free Member

@donsimon

you sure it was for not fighting?

🙂

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

. . . . you don’t hear a siren one day, . . . and think, . . somethings wrong!! 🙂

DaRC_L

The local offy mainly sells 3 types of drink:
    Thunderbird, White Lightning, Special Brew

You ask why the local cafe is closed and are told
    “someone threw a grenade in to stop the drug dealers using it.”

Your neighbours decide to charge people £5 to use the street and riot when the police object

Happy days 😆

trailmonkey

things almost got ugly here when the w.i and the gardening club inadvertantly double booked the village hall last sunday.

there was a tense stand off and for a while i thought one of them was going to write a letter of complaint to the village diary.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

When words like ‘innit’ fwee for the number 3 are heard.

When you wake you up in fear when chavs are having an shouting match…

Glad I moved to the countryside.

ilovemygears
    Free Member

poor people piss me off 🙂

if you dont work then you should starve,it would be to back work houses i had my way 🙂

donsimon
    Free Member

singletrackhor – Member

@donsimon

It was a few years ago and not a good place to walk around after dark, I guess it’s got a bit rougher since then.

alpin
    Free Member

You know you live in a rough area when…

…you need to take the M6 north bound in order to get home?

nicko74

…the local supermarket has run out of vanilla actimel and you have to settle for mixed fruit flavour instead. Sometimes I wake up in the night, sweating, praying I never have to go back…

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

You pull up outside the jewellers , get out and do a smash and grab then when you go to drive off somebody has nicked your car .

Russell96

When next doors son is home on leave from Iraq (few years ago now) says he’s seen more action down the local (Custom House) on the previous Saturday night than a tour in Basra.

Raindog
    Free Member

Connah’s Quay, Russell ? Lovely place….

Russell96

It’s OK if you are a local there is a lot worse than the Cussy, but I guess it is a bit of a shock to the system for out of towners. Then again you are in N.E Wales so you know how bad it can get in some of the villages.

Xylene
    Free Member

When you live in a relatively rough area, but your next door neighbour is a local hardman and nobody touches his street.

I forgive him for the odd enthusiastic karaoke at 1am

oliverd1981
    Free Member

social housing have a spare settee, or fridge in the front garden

That’s catering an seating in case they have guests.

CountZero

things almost got ugly here when the w.i and the gardening club inadvertantly double booked the village hall last sunday.
    there was a tense stand off and for a while i thought one of them was going to write a letter of complaint to the village diary.

Is that in the Ramsbury/Marlborough area? Proper rough around there, watch out for the gun racks in the Range Rovers and X5’s. Purdy’s, of course…
    …Oh, and I heard there was a drive-by shouting once… 😆

user-removed
    Free Member

You know you live in a rough area when…

There’s only one, one-way street in and out of the estate and the only car-owners who come in are full of yoofs looking for someone. Managed a booze shop in just such a place and lived there too for a couple of years, and yes; it had the plexiglass, ceiling-high barriers. But they were only installed after the axe-wielding robber took two days’ profit out of the safe 😯

Nearly tried to nail him with a bottle of tonic water but decided it wasn’t worth it for £50….

coffeeking – Member

when you see someone pissing against the front door of a house and when their finished they take out their keys and go in

Cheers, frankie

It was Billy Connolly’s first – Frankie just nicked it!

cfinnimore
    Free Member

seahouse – Member
    when you see someone pissing against the front door of a house and when their finished they take out their keys and go in

Do you live in Edinburgh mate cause almost exactly a year ago I did that exact thing…

Met my missus that night.

aracer
    Free Member

When the top crime story in the local paper is some chalk getting nicked from a school.

khani
    Free Member

After hearing lots of shouting and banging, you open the door and about fifty scroats are having a pitched battle with bats, bricks and knives, and when you phone the plod they say ‘what do you expect us to do’ 😯
    You wake up at three am by the screams of your neighbour being tortured by gangsters over a drugs debt
    Yes I called the plod
    Yes I moved…….a loooooong way away

nick1962
    Free Member

When asylum seekers from wartorn Rwanda and DRC are housed on your street and after awhile demand to be moved because of the crime,drug dealing,stolen cars, anti social behaviour……….no joke….I lived on that street.

heywayne
    Free Member

They don’t serve Pimms in the local.

singletrackhor
    Free Member

.. when these are your local headlines from the bbc site

London
    Pair deny Stephen Lawrence murder
    Peer jailed for fiddling expenses
    Men cleared over Wilshere ‘fight’
    Men in court over two bodies find
    Man’s body pulled from the Thames
    Murder probe after man shot dead

😯

It was a few years ago and not a good place to walk around after dark, I guess it’s got a bit rougher since then.

Was early 90’s last time I went anywhere near that place.

hora
    Free Member

…the only shop is an off license; where upon entering you find yourself sealed inside a corridor made of security glass, the (mostly empty) shelves being on the other side of the glass

They have exactly this in Chorlton. Two off licences in both parts. Its awful and speaks volumes. High houses prices there but the obvious signs that the credit-card gentry-crowd can’t hide the area…

Binners-you bought cheap so its not a swipe at you.

peterfile
    Free Member

I grew up with this lad: Billy

I also remember this night well Baseball bat attack mainly because when we got to the pub everyone was talking about how the guy managed to break the bat before Billy went down.

I knew we lived in a rough area because he got his head kicked in too sometimes. 🙄

He could brawl as well as he could box, I could do neither. I became quite handy with a pool cue though (police must have thought I loved playing pool, since every time they stopped us all I always had mine with me 😛 )

seosamh77
    Free Member

fitba strips tied to railings.

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘You know you live in a rough area when…’ is closed to new replies.