You know how sometimes you find some manky bit of kit you forgot about?

Home Forum Bike Forum You know how sometimes you find some manky bit of kit you forgot about?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You know how sometimes you find some manky bit of kit you forgot about?
  • Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Well it’s 1 month to the day since my last mountain bike ride, and I just found the plastic bag with all the gear in it, nicely fermented. Literally fled the room- anyone got a gas mask and a flamethrower? A febreze grenade?

seavers

Is it sentient? If not a hot wash or the bin.

Premier Icon teethgrinder
    Subscriber

Sprinkle yogurt on it, then put it in the airing cupboard. Biowarfare FTW.

seavers

I did a poo once, 5-6 flushes over a whole day and it would’t go down and just backed up the bowl. I came to the conclusion it was self aware and would take its own path. A day later it flew the nest and hit the drains….was emotional for both of us.

ryderredman

seavers – Member
    I did a poo once

You lost your one and only poo…

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

I can hear it moving. I think it’s coming for me!

seavers

You lost your one and only poo…

I didn’t want to but if you love something you have to set it free.

user-removed

Not much worse, in terms of pure stench. At the tender age of 14, I got packed off to a boot camp ‘holiday’. My feet got soaked on the first day so I stuck my socks into a carrier bag and shoved the bag into the bottom of my locker.

To my eternal shame, I blamed the foul stink which pervaded the dorm on the young Bangladeshi lad who occupied the lower bunk. By the end of three weeks, some guys had moved to the neighbouring bunkhouse due to the smell.

It wasn’t ’til I was packing to leave (promising myself I’d be good for ever after, so as not to have to endure such a ‘holiday’ again) that I found the bag and opened it. Thought I’d been poisoned. Had to run outside and dry retch.

Burn the lot, I’d say.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Threw it out in the garden- hopefully it’ll either freeze solid, or blow away. Had a wee peek in, there was a mouldy glove on top.

coatesy

A month is nothing, I was with a friend who hadn’t ridden for about 3 years when he came across a bag in his garage, and opened it to find the remnants of his kit from the last ride.

I found some neglected rugby boots in a plastic bag in my wardrobe when I was at school. Foot long white grass has grown from the mud clumps stuck to the studs!

matther01

Usually quite good on the kit front…leaving food in the bottom of my camelbak is a whole different matter. Found a tiny garden growing in the bottom around some months old fruit.

Premier Icon Nobeerinthefridge
    Subscriber

Worst smell ever.

Had a week in molini last year with riviera. One of my mates put a boiled egg in his bag on the first day (from the breakfast buffet) and as we were probably still drunk from the night before, promptly forgot about it.

5 days later, after being macerated in his backpack as the egg was below his pump, there was a smell in the van. Horrendous. The bag was from then on not allowed in the van, and was tied to the bike trailer.

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

You people are disgusting! :mrgreen:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘You know how sometimes you find some manky bit of kit you forgot about?’ is closed to new replies.