Viewing 24 posts - 121 through 144 (of 144 total)
  • You gets what you pays for – quality furniture delivery
  • wwaswas

hoody i am wearing was given to me by a psychiatric patient and my t-shirt was free 7 years ago

*knows he’ll regret introducing pants into the conversation but can’t resist*

Do you buy your underwear from M&S?

(I inherited all my pants, unfortunately mostly from my Auntie Vi)

philconsequence
    Free Member

dont worry clubber its not inverse snobbery. its just what mrsconsequence and I need to do to allow us to save for our own place in the future 🙂

i could go out and buy ‘spensive stuff but that’d eat away the deposit i’ve been saving for 9 years!

EDIT – underwear is for prudes, did you notice any mention of clothing for my lower half? no, only people with small willies wear underwear and trousers etc!

FACT

clubber
    Free Member

Ah, but doing that and going on about it is exactly what inverted snobbery is 😉

(just joshing, I’m sure your snobbery isn’t inverted 😀 )

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    DrRSwank
    Free Member

(I inherited all my pants, unfortunately mostly from my Auntie Vi)

You wear your dead Aunts unmentionables?

Well, I guess the argument for generationally gifted items was made earlier. Make sure you buff up the gusset with Mr Sheen once a week and they’ll be perfect for your offspring in the years to come.

philconsequence
    Free Member

i’m only a snob when it comes to people hiding their willies.

emsz
    Free Member

I’m wearing housemates hoody ATM, and gf’s leggings.

I’m right off Tesco atm, just can’t help feeling their stuff is just bad. everything really feels like their ripping you off, y’know? liking sainsburys

EDit Underwear is in fact for nice girls (unless there’s a vpl, then that’s ok )

TerryWrist
    Free Member

Sainsburys is “ok” to be honest – although the one in Welwyn Garden City seems to be staffed entirely by gods special people…….

I will shop in Tesco if they have televised offers on specific branded goods. But not otherwise.

rewski
    Free Member

Ikea is fine with me…

wwaswas

Make sure you buff up the gusset with Mr Sheen once a week

I’ll leave any gussett buffing to you public school types.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Sainsburys is “ok” to be honest – although the one in Welwyn Garden City seems to be staffed entirely by gods special people…….

I know that shop well Terry.

I stopped buying food in there after finally getting fed up of finding drool on all of my bakery goods.

trail_rat
    Free Member

I have friends with houses full of ikea tat – they aint poor or the like they just feel its trendy and disposable

I lived with no furniture for a while before investing in a few key items of classic designed solid oak furniture from a local bespoke place back where my dads family are originally from .

Some of my friends are on trend 3 or 4 with their houses.

Ive just moved into my first owned house , painted it magnolia for now and my oak furniture fits in perfectly and hasnt aged a day just needs a polish now and again.

Just ordered a bed with the same folk wasnt cheap 🙁 ….. Cant afford the wardrobe or chest of drawers any time soon but Id rather wait than fill my house with land fill

Foolish , poor , wanna be rich or just head screwed on ? My parents have stuff from the same shop they got for their wedding 25 years ago … Still looks good

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s just the argument that Ikea is somehow the essence of style that annoys me

I think you made that up!

wwaswas

nice video for the Dr about the Ikea TV;

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Nm7-EuctOs[/video]

Rubber_Buccaneer

As I get older am I going to start shopping in department stores and liking the nice young men who call me Sir? Is it inevitable? Will I start listening to Radio 4? It’s not something I look forward to but I guess by the time it happens it all feels OK 🙁

DrRSwank
    Free Member

I think you made that up!

I may have done 🙄

kimbers

Bunnyhop – Member
    Is it sofa, settee, couch or 3 piece suite?
    Sofa bed,
    couch potato,

Fabrics are so important, a draylon in beige can totally destroy a room, however a rich velour looks quite nice, leatherette eeek, no, no.

its a corner sofa and yes in leatherette (gasp!) and for good reason- you can order new covers for them which we will do but not at least until kimbers jr has got over his current phase of eating half a banana then mashing the rest up in his hand and trying to stuff it between the cushions

edit and another unforgivable living room sin; our wall mounted flat screen has the cables tidied with some of that grey plastic coil stuff you get in offices! (the tv came from richer sounds but the PS3 from JL!!)

stevenk4563
    Free Member

I stopped buying food in there after finally getting fed up of finding drool on all of my bakery goods.

That wasn’t drool.

cinnamon_girl

Do you live in Bracknell? The most DFSish of all the towns in England?

Ooooh, sorry, just back from doing the food shopping in … Asda. You’re very perceptive Dr Swank, I used to live very close to Bracknell but have now moved away from the debt collectors.

On the plus side though, I don’t have a wall-mounted TV (shudders) 😉

Solo
    Free Member

wwaswas

The Waitrose delivery man just called my wife ‘Sir’ (really).

You can’t beat the service you get from the John Lewis group companies.

marsdenman
    Free Member

oh, dear Dr, where, then, do you stand, I wonder, on statement walls (Laura Ashley..) in a room otherwise decorated in Farrow and Ball colours…. (best not mention the bedside tables, wardrobe + drawers are, ahem, of Swedish decent 🙂 )

marsdenman
    Free Member

LOL – anyone else seeing the ‘made.com’ advert up there – top right!

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Dr. Have you got a Goblin Tea’s maid ?

TheFopster
    Free Member

I love John Lewis. They keep the riff raff out of Heals.

Viewing 24 posts - 121 through 144 (of 144 total)

The topic ‘You gets what you pays for – quality furniture delivery’ is closed to new replies.