Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • “You Blew it up! Damn you! Damn you all to hell!”
  • Pook

Galen gets sent out for tea

It’s going to happen, I tell you!

jon1973
    Free Member

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Yeah, but they’ve had hundreds of thousands of years of ‘evolution’ yet still can’t develop more than very basic tools.

If their habitat is under threat, why can’t they ‘evolve’, and adapt to a new one?

Mankind ‘evolved’ from apes? I’m not having it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jon1973
    Free Member

but they’ve had hundreds of thousands of years of ‘evolution’ yet still can’t develop more than very basic tools

That’s not exactly a long time in evolutionary terms.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

its not exactly evolution either is it?

RudeBoy
    Free Member

That’s not exactly a long time in evolutionary terms.

Yes it is it’s hundreds of thousands of years. In that time, look at how Mankind has ‘evolved’, and developed new technologies. Chimps jolly well have not moved much beyond scratching themselves and eating bugs.

I’m not arguing with all of scientific evolutionary ‘theory’, but there are too many gaps in the story of how Mankind ‘evolved’….

GrahamS

Yes, humans moved from the Stone Age (Neolithic) to today’s technology in a period of just 11,500 years or so.

But it took us millions of years to get to that point in the first place!

Pook

Is technological evolution the same as physical evolution though? I don’t think they can be measured on the same scale really.

Technological evolution will inevitably increase exponentially over time, whereas physical evolution is limited by life cycle ie: you need generations to die for the beneficial physical trait to become evolution.

As an example, Neolithic man will have been pretty much identical modern man, however, he wouldn’t be driving a car. 200 years ago, we weren’t driving cars either, but the exponential rate of development in technology has allowed us to today.
    Give us a few generations of physical development and I reckon we’ll be getting fatter and muscles will be less defined/required.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘“You Blew it up! Damn you! Damn you all to hell!”’ is closed to new replies.