Yorkshire Dales – recommended cosy inn / b&b for New Year?

Home Forum Chat Forum Yorkshire Dales – recommended cosy inn / b&b for New Year?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Yorkshire Dales – recommended cosy inn / b&b for New Year?
  • grum

Not sure about NY atmosphere but the Charles Bathhurst and the Punch Bowl in Swaledale are both nice, and Swaledale is lovely – great walking and cycling. Getting over Buttertubs pass could be interesting at NY though!

The Lister Arms in Malham is nice too, though I’ve never stayed there. Food is good though and Malham is a great place to be based for walking/cycling etc.

A James

You might find your a bit late for most places

The CB Inn in Arkengarthdale and the Punchbowl Inn in Swaledale are both lovely pubs (both owned by the same people).

Of the 2 I prefer the Punchbowl both as a pub and for it’s location. Both are only a shortish ride from Dales Bike Centre too.

There are loads of walks from both but again I think the Punchbowl has the edge – you could walk/ride on some of the old corpse routes, along the river.

Premier Icon footflaps

+1 for Swaledale, one of my favourite places for riding (road and MTB).

I’m planning a 3 day trip to the Yorkshire Dales to see in the New Year. Anyone got any recommendations re pubs / inn’s / b&b’s / small hotels in the area which would be:

– romantic (but not overly smart!)
    – have bike storage 🙂
    – good food / wine / beer available
    – likely to have a good social atmosphere on NY’s eve, but not going to be the scene of loads of partying and throwing up till 4am (yes, I am too old and boring for that kind of thing!)
    – good road cycling and / or walks from the door

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately they’re either fully booked or very expensive!

Any other suggestions?

Premier Icon glenh

I enjoyed the Linton laithe B+B when I stayed there a couple of months ago:

I quite liked the New Inn and Cropton Brewery partly because it has a brewery so you’ll probably find a beer you like.
    If you see a door warning you about going through it and you do decide to go through it, be careful – the dartboard’s on the other side.

I can highly recommend Halstead Barn in Bentham N.Yorks (in fact we’ve just booked another weekend in November). It is near to the Way of the Roses C2C route so they are used to bikers, lovely hosts, great food, great views and a hot tub outside. It only has three rooms though so you may be too late to book for New Year.

Wensleydale heifer? May be spelling error there.

Punch bowl as above but sounds full.

Kings head in masham good but not quite dales.

Premier Icon cb

Not sure this would meet the romantic requirement but always had good food and loads of beers. Had a 200+ whisky menu as well but its ages since I’ve been and they don’t seem to advertise that anymore…

Not stayed here, but have eaten/drunk…

Looks very nice

Premier Icon totalshell

Anywhere on grassington mainstreet.. manstreets 100m long with 5 pubs and a zillion b and b

The gamecock austwick ..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Yorkshire Dales – recommended cosy inn / b&b for New Year?’ is closed to new replies.