Yorkshire bike show……anyone going for a peep?

Home Forum Bike Forum Yorkshire bike show……anyone going for a peep?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Yorkshire bike show……anyone going for a peep?
  • Premier Icon bearnecessities
    Subscriber

Yup, popping down later. See if they do a lock in.

Premier Icon ton
    Subscriber

say hello if you see me.

Premier Icon bearnecessities
    Subscriber

Will do 😀

Subscriber

Well that was a bit pap 🙁

jimc101

Take it it’s not worth going then?

Subscriber

I can only speak for myself, but no. Way to small venue and too few stands and those there has limited, boring stock. Hope the small businesses got something out of it.

Reynolds talk was interesting and I’ve never seen a fatbike in the flesh. I was a bit confused!

MrSparkle

Yeah, why was it? We were thinking of driving over tomorrow so a bit reluctant if its going to be pants. Quite fancy seeing the Mike Hall talk though…

Subscriber

Only for the reasons stated, others might get something out of it. Don’t want to tar it, just found it too small, limited and not very good, aside from the talk which was ok, but by then I’d already decided to bugger off.

Imagine a small flea market with a some belts and wallets made out of inner tubes, a fatbike stand, a couple of shop stands with average bikes and a couple of bespoke british stands, with one or two bikes.

Maybe Ton or anyone else can offer a more positive view.

dabble

Just found out about it today, gonna pop down tomorrow for the Chris Akrigg talk. Should be interesting.

Premier Icon spacehopper
    Subscriber

also thought it was a bit pants.. small venue with not a lot of interest there really..

would have thought there would have been something from cotic or on-one there.. but it all seemed a bit more roadie biased

got a nice t-shirt from the drink tea ride bikes stand though..

The Akrigg talk tomorrow will be good i would have thought..

but it annoyingly clashes with the final nail biting smith vs atherton world cup tomorrow..

MrSmith

£5 entry? In Yorkshire? Surely nobody will go to that.

Premier Icon spacehopper
    Subscriber

£2.50 if you go onto the dirt website.. take a mate and print off their 2 for one offer!

dabble

but it annoyingly clashes with the final nail biting smith vs atherton world cup tomorrow.

This is my conundrum, so i’m gonna watch it on catch up and not look at twitter/ stw/ facebook. I’m just not sure how fun it will be knowing its not live.

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

dabble wrote:

but it annoyingly clashes with the final nail biting smith vs atherton world cup tomorrow.
    This is my conundrum, so i’m gonna watch it on catch up and not look at twitter/ stw/ facebook. I’m just not sure how fun it will be knowing its not live.

If you can keep your head down and bookmark the link you should be OK, works the same you can just skip 50-20 out of the mens if you want.

bspoked

I got as far as the door. £5 entry! And I would have had to pay her in. Clue’s in the title…

meehaja

I paid my £5, wandered round, got somes stickers and a free drinks bottle. could ahve done with being a little more interactive, or a bit more interesting “stuff” for sale. A few stands with a nice bike on were not going to convince me to buy a nice bike. Riding a fat bike down the town hall steps would have been fun, soo many fixies but no track stand comp ir roller racing? TDF was limited to a welcome to yorkshire leaflet? Not even jerseys/t-shirts/maps.

bit of a missed opportunity tbh, but i guess it beats no bike show at all

Premier Icon ton
    Subscriber

never made it in the end……which is a good thing by the sounds of it. 🙂

MrSparkle

We went. 11/2 hr drive due to roadworks on M62. It was ok. Leeds is quite an interesting city fortunately plus they let 3 of us in for a fiver. Chris Acrigg walked past me apparently while I was looking at one of the stands. Doh. I would have congratulated him on that Spanish rooftop to lower level jump in that vid.

Premier Icon seven
    Subscriber

I went, was disappointed. Would prefer to have more component and kit stalls. Loads of bikes, but i’m not in the market. And no sign of orange or hope v odd.

Swrve clothing was good. Would have got a pair of their jeans if they had them in my size 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Yorkshire bike show……anyone going for a peep?’ is closed to new replies.