Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Yorkshire and beyond
  • trevron73
    Free Member

Gonna be back to Yorkshire off road cycling for the first time in 20 years on saturday,im aiming for 5 days on the bike.I think Gisburn forest, Malham to Skipton Via Threshfield, then a trip over the border to Lee craggs and t’ Quarry, and a trip to Whinlatter are on the cards leaving a day of rest to watch the mighty Bradford City take on Aston Villa ,Then off to Spain for some heat in the bones and a play out with Switchback Spain ,

stumpyjon

Just a minor correction, Gisburn’s in Lancashire (just). Take your wellies.

martinhutch

Sounds like fun. Villa are ripe for the taking at the moment.

Malham to Skipton via Threshfield will be a slop-fest for the most part though if you’re going the way I think you’re going. If you’ve got a car handy, you could probably find yourself a route that will ride much better in the present conditions.

trevron73
    Free Member

Yeah got a car ,I want to do Malham to Kilnsey as it was my very first off road route back in the year of 1987 on my rockhopper ,so its a route close to my heart -but- i am open to suggestions of where to go 🙄

tmb467
    Free Member

So two rides in Lancashire, one in Cumbria and only one in Yorkshire (if its not too muddy) 🙂

landofgiants
    Free Member

If your planning on doing Yorkshire rides, gotta be worth a visit to dalby

martinhutch

Yeah got a car ,I want to do Malham to Kilnsey as it was my very first off road route back in the year of 1987 on my rockhopper ,so its a route close to my heart -but- i am open to suggestions of where to go

History trumps anything more practical – have fun!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Yorkshire and beyond’ is closed to new replies.