• This topic has 51 replies, 40 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Yodel vs DPD
  • jerseychaz

It’s DHL this time – email to say they’d deliver between 14h45 & 15h45 yesterday. Then the O2 outage hits and we get a message to say the driver is delayed. At 18h20 last evening we get another email to say that the parcel was delivered at 14h55 and signed for with our surname. Now, I was in at 14h55 because we were expecting said parcel and nothing was delivered or signed for by me (the missus was out walking the dog!) – twunts!

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

With all of the courier companies I think a lot depends on your local driver. We know most of ours pretty well but when they go on holiday it can all fall apart.

plus-one

Dpd every time. Why are Hermes still in business???

postierich
    Free Member

DPD for the win never had an issue with them . Hermes and Yodel use individuals who drive round in cars rammed to the hilt with parcels so much so they can not see clearly out of their passenger window. They will just leave the parcels anywhere even in sight of people walking past. Wife has had a couple of parcels go missing with hermes. Royal Mail are up against it with their hands tied behind their backs with the USO and having to deliver the competitors mail their technology is finally getter better with their Tracked 24/48 service very good.

posiwev
    Free Member

DPD have always been spot on – tracking is great etc, never had any issue with Hermes tbh.
    But Yodel – these buffoons take incompetence to another level.
    I purchsed a couple of items from the US via ebay – using their Global shipping programme – which is ‘sposed to speed up th ewhole process as paying customs charges at the same time as shipoing fees.
    They have 4 UK couriers – DPD, Hermes, Parcel Force and Yodel – unfortunatley the later were entrusted with my consignment !
    Anyhow I was able to track the delivery from the USD through Customs then via a couple a depots to my local depot within 2 miles from my house and then back to the airport WTF ??
    Well it’s easier having an audience with the Pope than actually speaking to anyone at this shambolic setup – finally after hours of them informing me via this ludicrous webchat thing they have that they had no record they finally conceded it was in Deryshire and would I like the address to collect from there which entails a 200 mile round trip or they’ll send it back to the US – you couldn’t make it up.
    Ebay’s response is that they’ve got a month to resolve and then I may get a refund !!!
    If I’d know that these incompetent shower had the possibiliity of (mis) handling my purchase I simply wouldn’t have bothered !!!

DezB
    Free Member

Yodel, right. So if their website had been working properly last week I could’ve arranged to collect from the local depot, which it turns out is only a 5 min drive from my work! But no, it wasn’t working until Friday. So I logged on then and said I’d pick up to the depot. I get an email confirming pickup between Monday 10th and Friday 14th. In the meantime they’ve tried 3 deliveries and left a final (orange) card, which says I can now pick up from the depot.
    Gotta be simple that, I’ll drive to work Monday and pick it up and do a shop at lunchtime as I’ve got the car… I get to the depot, which isn’t signposted any-bleedin-where. And bloke stops his indoor football game in the warehouse, takes my card, disappears. Comes back, mutters something, goes up stairs, comes back with another fella and they explain that the orange card means it’s with a courier not back at the depot.. eh? So I still haven’t got it. Apparently it’ll be dropped round tonight…
    Simples.

franksinatra

Orders a heating element for my oven from Spares UK on Thursday evening at 8pm, got a message from DPD early Friday morning to say it was on its way to their Carlisle depot, Ian the driver then delivered to me (70 miles away) at 1pm.

17hrs to travel door to door from somewhere down south to deepest Scottish Borders. Impressive stuff.

Potdog
    Free Member

Bearing in mind that Yodel just left a parcel in our front garden, no fence or anything around it to hide it in anyway. Someone was home all the time, no notification through the door and no email or text message, I’d not be recommending them either right now!

hopeforthebest
    Free Member

Try not to be too harsh: almost all these people are self-employed and with the entire global retail and logistics markets yelling at them to go quicker. They’re being run ragged by apps and overwork. They’re given ridiculously large numbers of items to deliver and no-one could possibly do them all.

DezB
    Free Member

Got my Yodel parcel 😀 Yay!

PrinceJohn

Just here for a rant about myhermes… utterly, utterly useless.

Got a notification that my ebay order was being delivered to the click & collect point yesterday, the shop said, that they rejected as they don’t accept myhermes deliveries… checked the parcel tracking… it said contact us – no clear way how to do that, have spend 1hr 30 on their online chat, having been cut off once, they’ve now told me they can’t change the delivery address unless it’s in the same post code & that it’ll take up to 28 hours before they get a response from their driver.

DezB
    Free Member

utterly, utterly useless.

Apart from the 40 parcels they’ve delivered for me without a single hitch.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Yodel vs DPD’ is closed to new replies.