Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Yodel has upped its game!
  • bearnecessities

Ordered something for Pop. Delivery by Yodel…told him to have low expectations.

Got an email with a link this morning giving the drop number it was out of a total number of drops. Not bad, but could be rubbish..

I could then check throughout the day to see how close drop was getting, as in a countdown, along with a map of the driver.

And it was that real-time accurate I manage to text Dad that he was 4, 3, 2 drops away…

He then walked to the front door (I was still wary) and with a few minutes, Yodel rocked up with his parcel.

I’ve googled to see if it’s being talked about but it appears not. Personally it all worked brilliantly and I’m pretty impressed!

johndoh
    Free Member

That’s the problem – he screwed their system by being ready to intercept the package before they could throw it in next door’s hedge.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Nice, last one I had did that but couldn’t work out/be bothered to get into my apartment building (Press the doorbell) so gave up after about 15s trying to deliver it.

mrjmt
    Free Member

I ordered a semi-rigid bike case for my upcoming flight.

Tracked it today, apparently it was delivered through my letterbox.

Kryton57

Yeah right.

Got sent an xmas present which was dumped over the back gate – a pot of Flowers. Got a card to say where it was. 20 mins later got another car to say they’d left a parcel in the back porch. We don’t have a back porch and the rear of our house is not accessible.

Phone customer services – cannot locate the missing parcel. Its my fault for not proving the tracking number – hold on I didn’t order myself a Christmas present. Still can’t track it. 30 mins on phone trying to convince me I’d received it – I haven’t. They call me back later.

2 minutes later I received a call asking of I’d received the first parcel. Suspicious, I asked “Why?” “Standard procedure sir.” Bullshit, I’ve never received a call before. Turns out I caught them trying to get my recorded voice to say I’d received a parcel (allegedly) which I reckon they would use against the second missing delivery. Got irate, they refused to escalate, I agreed and am still awaiting a call back about the missing parcel.

bigblackshed

No, no, no, nononononono!

What you experienced was Yodel masquerading as a courier service. Delivering what they said they would when they said they would. What you expect from Yodel is a mockery of the term “courier service”.

Don’t be fooled, normal trebuchet service will resume tomorrow.

retro83
    Free Member

bearnecessities

Subscriber
    Ordered something for Pop. Delivery by Yodel…told him to have low expectations.

Got an email with a link this morning giving the drop number it was out of a total number of drops. Not bad, but could be rubbish..

I could then check throughout the day to see how close drop was getting, as in a countdown, along with a map of the driver.

And it was that real-time accurate I manage to text Dad that he was 4, 3, 2 drops away…

He then walked to the front door (I was still wary) and with a few minutes, Yodel rocked up with his parcel.

I’ve googled to see if it’s being talked about but it appears not. Personally it all worked brilliantly and I’m pretty impressed!

Yes it’s a good idea, but it didn’t go to well for me.

Your driver is 4 stops away.

Your driver is 3 stops away.

Your driver is 2 stops away.

Your driver is 1 stop away.

(van pulls up outside, stops for a moment, then drives away without leaving a parcel)

Your item was delivered.

As an added bonus, because it was apparently signed for, ebay wouldn’t refund me. 👍

DavidB
    Free Member

Hermes left a Garmin Instinct on my doorstep on Monday with a note pushed through the door saying it had been left in a safe place, FFS. I was tempted to report it as not delivered, but too honest.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

I wonder where all the stuff that goes missing ends up, are the drivers stealing it or just chucking it away somewhere because they can’t be bothered to deliver it?

It’s not like it’s just the odd parcel here and there, with the reputation yodel and hermes have got there must be loads of stuff out there somewhere!

lerk
    Free Member

I can top the lot of you…

Ordered a laptop and accessories for work from eBuyer over the xmas break.
    Rather than having to wait at home for it on the Friday, I decided to pay extra to have it delivered to work as I was due to be at work all Saturday for the annual stock-take.

It was marked as dispatched on Thursday so all would have been fine for the free next day delivery had I wanted it. On Saturday morning, I kept checking on the tracking portal but it wasn’t updated to “on the van”. Eventually at 1030 the status changed to “we’re not delivering it today”.

As they hadn’t attempted delivery, there was no possibility to manage my parcel or contact details for the depot – so I ended up on the web chat.

Over an hour later I found out that apparently it hadn’t been delivered as they don’t deliver to business addresses on Saturdays – yes, even Saturday specified deliveries!!!

The operator informed me that it would be delivered on Monday (site closed) and address couldn’t be altered until delivery attempted and I also couldn’t collect from the depot as 48hrs notice is required.

Not the first problem I’ve had with Ebuyer and Yodel, the last time I had next day delivery yodel just decided to not load it on the van for two days…
    I won’t be using them again!

lapierrelady

Better than DPD local,who held my parcel for over a week in the Carnforth depot before sending it back to supplier. Oh, actually, they did try to deliver it once, but couldn’t as they didn’t have my contact details…the same ones they used to tell me it was being delivered!

bearnecessities

Yes they’re notoriously bad in the past and their drivers are heartless liars, but my point was that they’ve got 100% accurate real-time tracking now – and literally to the minute.

I suspect all couriers will take on this tech so we don’t have to take a day off work, and can simply just hit refresh and nip home when it’s nearing our address (the driver’s location was also shown on a map).

So IMO, they’ve definitely upped their game!

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

can simply just hit refresh and nip home when it’s nearing our address (the driver’s location was also shown on a map).

Ha! I tried this today, DHL email says delivery will be attempted 3:05-4:05. I got home at 2:50 to find the card already in the door.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Yodel has upped its game!’ is closed to new replies.