Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Yeti SB66 owners – how low can you go?
  • flowmtbguy
    Free Member

Do you have any issues putting your seatpost fully down? I’m using a spare post as my reverb has shat itself, but it won’t go lower than the top tube weld (alu version obviously) – I can’t see any reason other than a defect / burr or something.. or is this how it is?

Before I go off finding someone with a seattube reamer or hacksawing the post.

Cheers!

Guy

kiwijohn

Er, I never drop my seat. I just sit on it at the proper height & let the rear suspension do its job.
    Some people might have a problem with that concept.

flowmtbguy
    Free Member

Well aren’t you just amazing.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    kiwijohn

Yep, it’s really not that difficult.

tinsy
    Free Member

Arent posts supposed to be inserted further than the top tube?

Does the reverb go in further?

flowmtbguy
    Free Member

Well I aspire to your skill sir. Meanwhile in the real world with dropper posts and quick releases (obviously both a waste of time and money for you), we drop the post to get down steep terrain without a saddle trying to buck you off.

I’ll wait until a mere mortal can help with my question…

honourablegeorge

kiwijohn – Member

Er, I never drop my seat. I just sit on it at the proper height & let the rear suspension do its job.

Like people who get their arses off the seat to ride the bike properly?

flowmtbguy
    Free Member

The toptube on a large SB66 joins the seattube about 15cm down – otherwise, yes that would be pretty ridiculous! I only ask really as the amount of drop I can get now isn’t too dissimilar to a bike with an interrupted seattube..

Mines a bit like this one:

jairaj

The tube might be butted preventing the seat post going any further.

I’d check with Yeti if this is expected.

flowmtbguy
    Free Member

Yeah – I was hoping this great forum might have someone who could confirm or not quickly.. rather than criticise my riding style 😉 (what was I thinking…)

Steve77
    Free Member

Not at all, nothing wrong with a good pounding in the arse. Whatever floats your boat I spose

deanfbm
    Free Member

My small sb swallows a lot of post, should be getting down to near the pivot forging.

Did your reverb not go further?

Ps, riding a bike over bumps whilst sitting down is pretty stupid and not really how a bile should be ridden. Its your choice though, just a bit of a waste.

kiwijohn

A bit of a waste? How?
    For the record, the post drops all the way on my medium.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Kiwijohn, you’re clearly pissed after those three beers 😀

dantsw13

flowmtbguy
    Free Member

ha. So Kiwijohn could have saved this whole thread with that single answer – i.e. yes, it should go down further…

No idea if the reverb went down further – I never had to try it out.. I’m guessing not though!

rob-jackson
    Free Member

kiwijohn are you saying you stay seated all the time? You must be shit down steep techy hills

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

chilled76
    Free Member

Kiwijohn… have you fitted a fist shaped saddle by any chance?

honourablegeorge

flowmtbguy – Member

ha. So Kiwijohn could have saved this whole thread with that single answer – i.e. yes, it should go down further…

He’d have had to get off the saddle to check, though.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Yeti SB66 owners – how low can you go?’ is closed to new replies.