Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Yeti Big Top sizing and forks
  • vondally
    Free Member

hi anyone got a yeti big top?

If so what size fro a 5ft 11 ish rider right on the border Med& Large

Usually rides a large 29 Turner Sultan? Just right…..

100 or 120 mm forks???

Pics welcome as well

vondally
    Free Member

bounce

andycs

5 11 and ride a medium with Thompson layback post, 60mm stem, 780 flat bars and 100mm forks.

vondally
    Free Member

thanks Andy any pics?

what is standover like?

Presuming you like the bike?

andycs

Will try and e-mail some pics later. Standover is ok, not something I’m too concerned about, mud clearance however is terrible! I run a 2.2 tyre on the rear and there is not much room left. The guy I bought it from took the paint off the inside of the rear triangle while doing a very muddy 24hr event. He had it re-painted and now it is helitaped it is fine. Size wise I would have liked to have tried a large, but I have no complaints about how it rides. It flys up technical climbs and is comfy but very solid feeling for an all day ride. Downhill it tracks well with a Reba Team with 20mm bolt thru and doesn’t get knocked off line easily, I imagine that a 120mm fork and riser bar would be a better set up downhill but might compromise it’s climbing abilities. All in all a great bike and definitely a keeper. If you can get a ride on both sizes it might help, but they are as rare as hens teeth so good luck with that! If you are in Yorkshire, you are welcome to ride mine. Hope this helps.

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Just over 6ft and ride a large with 110mm SIDs, Enve 700mm(i think) carbon flat bars, 80mm stem and thomson straight post.

Pretty much echo Andys comments top tube is on the higher side in terms of standover compared to my Solaris but not an issue for me and the mud clearance is not great i run a 2.25 Nobby Nic and would not go any bigger.

Overall a really nice frame that rides very well particularly on the fast singeltrack stuff that i like to ride.

Edinburgh area if you want to view a large

vondally
    Free Member

cheers folks not in either place but many thanks

ridden a yeti asr sl in med too small had a asr in 7 med great…….so fall in between, worried about mud clearance but really attracted by the looks and carbon rear……….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Yeti Big Top sizing and forks’ is closed to new replies.