Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Yeti ASR5 Sizing?
  • thatscracking
    Free Member

Hi

I’m 6’2″ and have been offered a good deal on either a large or extra large frame. My XC bikes (cotic solaris and on one inbred 29) are both XL but i’m not sure I want a bike that long in the TT for general trail riding.

My inside leg is 34/35 inch (quite long!) therefore the 20inch seat tube of the large would be fine but I am concerned it might not be long enough?

Can any existing owners provide their thoughts?

rhysw
    Free Member

I’m 5″10 and I rode a L with a 50mm stem. It was perfect for me, but I do like long bikes. I also ride a Cotic BFe in a L

Kryton57

5’11 and Medium with 70mm stem – prefer a shorter TT cause my locale is tight and twisty. I’ve sat / demo’d a large and agree with rhysw, it’d be long for me – more racy than chuckable.

Localhero94 who may or may not be along today has a large and is 6’1 or 6’2 I believe. I sat on his and preferred mine due to the long TT.

dafoxster
    Free Member

5’11 with a large frame and 50mm stem.

chojin
    Free Member

I may have a large for sale if interested?

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Just to confuse things – I’m 5’11 with a medium ASR5 (18.5″) frame and a 50mm stem.

It doesn’t feel even vaguely cramped.

I like my bikes fast and whippy, rather than looooong.

I’d go for the large (barn door size) – given Yeti’s sizing the XL must be the size of an actual barn.. 😯

bigjim

a bit over 6’4″ and on a L with 50mm stem. you sound leggier for your height than me so L would be plenty long enough by the sounds of it. I would have liked to try a XL to run a super short stem, but couldn’t get a test ride on anything bigger than a L.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Late edit: just realised 18.5 is actually a Yeti ‘small’.. 😯

Nobby

But the medium is only 18.8 isn’t it?

The main difference is in the top tube.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

I think it’s about 20-30mm shorter, possibly something like that.

P20

I was on a medium, 70mm stem at 5’8″ but I do like long bikes

Superficial
    Free Member

I’m 6’1 and ride a medium + 70mm stem. Which is longer than most manufacturer’s large frames. I’d probably be just as happy on a large with a shorter stem, but XL must be massive.

bails

And to confuse even more, I’m 6ft, 33-34″ leg, ride a large with 70mm stem.

I did have a 60mm stem but it felt ‘wrong’ and the 70mm feels better.

I did have a (long) medium C456 before that though, so maybe I like bikes longer than most?

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

6’1″, 33″ inside leg, Large ASR5C with 50mm stem.

I’d take a look at the Yeti website to see what frame size they recommend for your height. They’re usually right from a sizing perspective.

thatscracking
    Free Member

right, it looks like it’ll be a large then with a 70mm stem.

on further inspection of the yeti website it would appear the XL is for giants.

i’d be interested to see pictures of setups….

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Okayeee… any excuse 😉

Summit of Cadair Idris:

At Nant yr Arian:

Fox FIT Kashima 140 Floats w/ travel reduced to 125mm

Rode up Cadair Idris the other week on the basis of THIS video with Dan Atherton, much of it rocky and technical, me thinking *there’s absolutely no way I’m gonna be able to ride down this flinkin’ mountain*. Then, after reaching the summit and hike-a-biking the first 30 meter scramble down*, I was able to ride all the way down bottom of the mountain on this thing. I thought I’d suddenly leapt up an MTB skill-level, but..

It’s simply a truly epic bike.. :mrgreen:
    * Which, incidentally, Dan makes look as if riding down some stairs 😯

bigbeard
    Free Member

You appear to be the same size as me (6’2″ with longs legs). I’ve got a large and it fits great. I’m running a 70mm stem and it seems fine.

I’ve got just over 8″ of seat post sticking out.

Kryton57

Just like no_eyed_deer here’s mine after an epic climb, medium with 70mm stem, F120 fork, (32inch inside leg btw)*

*the highest point in Epping forest about 102m above Sea level.

walla24
    Free Member

😳
    Well I am a giant then: mine is XL (6’6 35″ leg) with a tiny stem…layback post too so TT does feel ‘spacious’ 😀

turbo1397
    Free Member

6ft 2″ here with a 35″ inside leg. . Riding a large with a 60mm stem. Fair bit of seatpost showing..

20130302_164658

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Mine when it was shiny and new last April…

…it’s had some abuse since then and now looks more used 🙂 A very capable bike indeed for the majority of the UK riding.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Out and about getting dirty…

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Yeti ASR5 Sizing?’ is closed to new replies.