Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Yeti ASR 5 C opinions
  • LoCo
    Free Member

Morning, what are people opinions/experiences of the ASR5 with the carbon back end any issues ?

Cheers

ruscle
    Free Member

Nope, been ragging mine over really rough stuff, up and down Snowden, off 3 feet drops and generally abusing it. Best bike I’ve ever had the honour to own. Put 140mm forks on it and 12mm rear axle. It’s got a 5ur warranty anyway and the rear end problems were in the early days of the frame. You can het the frame only for £1350 from freeflowbikes, great people to deal with. Just get 1 you will not regret it 1 bit.

LoCo
    Free Member

Cool cheers, anyone running one with 120 or 130mm forks with a racey setup?
    and how does the large feel for a 6’2″/6’3″ rider with simian arms? 😀

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    amphibian
    Free Member

I’ve got 120mm Rebas on mine and it’s great for xc/trail stuff. I’m 6’1″ but quite long in the upper body and the large is spot on.

arfur
    Free Member

LoCo, same question as i’m asking. Thinking of one of these for myself, but not fully convinced about the carbon rear – need persuading that it’ll handle rough stuff.

ruscle
    Free Member

It handles rough stuff, trust me. I run it softer than they recommend with around 35-40% sag. No issues at all in 6 months of rough riding ploughing through rock gardens, roots and drops.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Yeti ASR 5 C opinions’ is closed to new replies.