Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Yeti ASR 5
  • dgb1
    Free Member

I went for the ASR5 specific kit from Invisiframe. There are separate kits for the alloy and carbon frames.
    Lee was great to deal with if/when I had questions. It’s not cheap but it is cut exactly for the bike so the fit is perfect.

Kryton57
    P20

My carbon came with that invisiframe on it. Seems good stuff

slowmart
    Free Member

The invisiframe wore through in the first day.

rexated
    Free Member

Not had any problem with wear on mine, if fact if you look in the classifieds you’ll see how sparkly and unsullied it is 😉

NormalMan

Slowmart which Lizard Skins product did you use?

I literally have just been fitting their carbon look leather stick on chainstay protector to the inside chainstay of my Camber (not fortunate enough to own a Yeti 🙁 ) as they can be prone to wear from the rear brake cable and this seemed like a viable solution.

bigjim

Jeez how come your foot is rubbing the chainstay? Seems like something wrong with your foot placement, that shouldn’t happen. I helitaped the my rear triangle, the stuff is so tough I’d be amazed if you could wear through it with your foot.

I like the look of that tape kit, it was a real faff cutting it all out, but the tape does look pretty thin.

davetrave
    Free Member

I’m very “heels in” (with my right foot in particular) as well but not had any problems with wearing through heli tape yet and been riding the bike 18 months. That said, for my own good (minor OCD) I’ve just put a cut down Lizard Skins protector (few inches wide) on both the driveside chain- and seat-stays as they’re the ones that take the most beating from my feet.

You must have sandpaper on the heels of your riding shoes to be wearing through heli tape and then be eating in to the carbon! That or you’ve got duff tape AND a duff rear triangle…

excalibur

JP
    Many thanks for the sizing feedback. I’m also 5’10” on tall days only! I’d ridden the medium as a demo. Loved it, but felt is was a tad short with a 70mm stem. I’ll use it mainly as a trail bike, not jumps etc. So I reckon its going to be a large for me. That way I can keep the saddle centered and maybe run a shorter stem. I think my old Yeti’s a 18.5″ seat tube, so there won’t be too much difference for me.

Thanks again for your help.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I’m 5’10” and have a medium. 90mm stem. Fits how it should.

Great bikes; racy and fast.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Yeti ASR 5’ is closed to new replies.