Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Yeti 575 seatclamp size and slippage
  • keppoch

I have a 2006ish Yeti 575, the seatpost keeps slipping down 😥

The 27.2 seatpost I am using is about 10 years old and the QR is the original, not all that flashy one with a shortish lever.

Which should I replace first and does anyone know what size the seat clamp is on this version of the frame (it is the old type not the current version) as the manual doesn't seem to mention it and the clamp isn't stampted on the inside.

Thanks.

keppoch.

keppoch

Go on, tell me!

keppoch.

uplink
    Free Member

It's a 31.8

I use a Hope clamp on a Thomson post & it never slips

MountainMutant
    Free Member

+1

Swiftacular
    Free Member

I ve had slippage problems on a couple of frames, probably because im a biggish lad. (includes Thomsons and hope clamps.)
    Easily sorted with some Pace Carbon Grease Compound stuff on the post.

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

My 575 seat post kept slipping with the supplied clamp. I changed it to a Hope and no problems since. Think new Yetis come with a Salsa clamp. The in house versions were pretty crap. Thomson post and 31.8 clamp.

keppoch

Would quite like a Salsa one but they only come in 32.0, is that close enough?

Or what other recommendations?

keppoch.

keppoch

Go on, tell me! Will 32.0 do the trick?

keppoch

charliemort

31.8 is the new 575 – old one was 27.2 (I think), and yes mine used to slip. Normally sorted by lubing the QR properly

DezB
    Free Member

I use a 32 Salsa on mine.

Mine always twisted round with the Yeti clamp – could never get it tight enough.

Go for it. Salsa is the way.

TheDoctor
    Free Member

I use a 32.0 salsa on mine, replacing the origonal 31.8 that clamped my 27.2 thomson. no slippage so far!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Yeti 575 seatclamp size and slippage’ is closed to new replies.