Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Yeti 575 rear shock removal
  • podge1000
    Free Member

Any ideas on how to remove the shock from a yeti 575, 2010? Easy enough removing the linkage end but frame mount fairly well stuck.

Allen bolt removed from one side.. other end just spins but can’t shift it. Any tips?

Poopscoop

I’ve not got that bike but can’t it be gently drifted out?

podge1000
    Free Member

Gave it a bit of a tap but nothing shifted.. not sure whether I need a special tool or just a bit more brute force

DezB
    Free Member

Which part of the linkage?

I did a detailed instruction doc back in the day.. let me post the link…

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-8Gg_amaxybZjA5MmQwYjYtNTEyZi00YmUzLWEyMDQtZjE4M2FiNWM1MWI0

Drop us a message if it doesn’t help.

I’m guessing you mean step 10 in the doc. The front shock mount:

Usually is a case of partly removing the bolt (driveside) and hitting the bolt with a hammer to drive the pin out. I’ve used longer bolts with the same thread to screw in to give a better bond on the pin.

Rich
    Free Member

Try supporting the weight of the bike too so it’s not putting pressure on the linkage.

vmgscot

As DezB says – thread a longer spare bolt (might be M6 I think on my 2011 575) and tap the titanium pin through. There is an official Fox ‘pin guide’ but a longer threaded bolt does the same job.

rhayter
    podge1000
    Free Member

Thanks all the tips.. really appreciated!

DezB – that’s an impressive set of instructions! and yes step 10 is the one I’m stuck at – front shock mount.

Will give it a go tomorrow and let you know how I get on

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Yeti 575 rear shock removal’ is closed to new replies.