Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • yet another "which watch?" thread…
  • xherbivorex
    Free Member

Hi.
    After 12 years of living with the tiny hassle of having to dig out the manual twice a year to adjust the time on my otherwise trusty old G-Shock, I’ve decided I want to replace it with one of those radio controlled ones that automatically pick up the correct time. I’d also like it to be both analogue and digital, and maybe even solar powered too. Prefer to stick with G-Shocks, but anything else that can live with being outdoors quite a bit would be considered. Oh, and no leather straps either.

Anyone got any recommendations, bearing in mind I’d prefer to not spend more than about 75 quids on one?

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

If you want to stick with casio and have hands, atomic clock and solar power, i think you’ll have to up your budget or hope for the best second hand. mine”s does, it’s great but it’s 6 or 7 years old now, and iirc cost a bit above your budget.

RustySpanner

What shape do you want?

tonyg2003

if you want a solar powered, radio controlled, G shock with hands. Then they are a fair bit more than £75. I have a GS-1150 on now.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Is it really that difficult to adjust the time twice a year?

CountZero

Is it really that difficult to adjust the time twice a year?

It is with a G-Shock. You can’t wind the hands back, only forward. Very slowly. By pushing a tiny little flush-fit button for several minutes.
    Royal PITA.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘yet another "which watch?" thread…’ is closed to new replies.