Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Yet another where to live thread?
  • GolfChick
    Free Member

Yep afraid its me again seeking advice from the hive mind of STW. Got an interview for a job in Falkirk, as well as the continuing application for Aberdeen area, so I just want to pre check out places to live that could be good within a commutable distance of Falkirk and obviously safe enough to keep my bikes etc. Cheers!

allfankledup

We looked at Denny when we moved back up to scotland

Depends on how much electricity and running water you think you need. Stirling would be a prime choice of mine to check out

GolfChick
    Free Member

Electricity fairly important…. would like a fairly good broadband connection too haha!

allfankledup

Falkirk wheel has the scottish vw t4/t5 meets. What more do you need….

matt_outandabout

Stirling is pretty hard to beat for having some nice spots to live, access to countryside and all the amenities and transport links you would need too. Not too expensive. Great bike club.

If you are feeling flush, Dunblane or (lower) bridge of Allan. If you are a millionaire, upper Bridge of Allan and Dunblane (dahlings).

GolfChick
    Free Member

Perfect cheers for that chaps I’ll concentrate my search there and perhaps take a look around during my interview few days.

giant_scum
    Free Member

Consider looking to the South of Falkirk!
    I live in Bathgate about 10 miles from Falkirk and there are loads of good places to live worth considering the following
    Torphicen, Linlithgow, Boness, Armadale and Bathgate obviously.
    Boness, Armadale and Bathgate not the prettiest of places to live but there are plenty of new build estates springing up.
    Good luck

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Yet another where to live thread?’ is closed to new replies.