Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Yesterday's Ride – felt tough – was it?
  • TooTall
    Free Member

I managed to get out yesterday to ride a local ‘private’ loop – a 8.5 mile trail with very restricted access. This was my first chance to ride it and the weather was rather splendid (autumn in Virginia is pretty good). The pics are only of the flat bits where I could stop and breathe:

The ride profile looks like this:

I was farkin knackered! I know my fitness isn’t where it should be, but is that a very uppy-downy trail or have I been spoiled? The rides around here just don’t seem to flow very well and the short sharp descents instantly followed by a sharp hard climb are not what I’m used to. About 1800 ft climbed total. They do an 18 hour race on this loop as well!

jam-bo

1800ft in 8.5 miles is a lot of climbing.

It’s pretty hilly round here and most rides work out at 1000ft / 10 miles

ton

do you live in the states?
    I would love to go to somewhere like new England or Vermont cycle touring in the autumn.

TooTall
    Free Member

ton – I live in Richmond Virginia now. Been here for nearly 6 months. NEw England and Vermont look great, but most of the East coast looks good in autumn. this far South is good for the autumnal temperatures. Yesterday was 16 deg C – Vermont was about 2 deg C!

alexpalacefan

Is that the Trail of the Lonesome Pine?
    APF

trickydisco
    Free Member

*waves at Tootall*

what bike ya riding then?

How does it compare to brizzle 😉

TooTall
    Free Member

*waves at Tricky*

I brought my Turner Sultan (and the lilac Cannondale) over here with me so riding that. Most seem to ride FS 29ers over here.
    Latest on the height climbed – another GPS route puts it at over 3000 ft! Someone is riding it tonight so should get a fresh answer from them.

Compared to brizzle? The trails seem to be more demanding and less flowy here. Those that I’ve ridden so far anyway. They are also all much further from good pubs (several thousand miles).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Yesterday's Ride – felt tough – was it?’ is closed to new replies.