Viewing 4 posts - 161 through 164 (of 164 total)
  • Yesterday I did something stupid, but would have done the same?
  • Woody
    Free Member

We’ll done OP, chapeau!

Had to fish my 6 month old pup out a couple if weeks ago when she dived in not realising a carpet of leaves had built up behind a fallen tree. Not good and lesson learned to avoid any possibility of a repeat.

lisapioneer
    Free Member

Hi Xterramac and all,

I hope you don’t mind me posting here. I work for a TV company in London called Pioneer Productions and we’re producing a fast turnaround documentary for Channel 4 on the recent storms and flooding.

The documentary will focus on human interest stories, interviews with experts and clear explanations of the science and meteorology. I am keen to speak to someone like yourself xterramac, who on instinct will jump into a potentially dangerous situation to save a pet/loved one.

As this can be somewhat of a sensitive issue, I would like to speak to you further about this on the phone/email, rather than a public forum, if you were happy to. I can be contacted on lisa.murphy@pioneertv.com and perhaps we could arrange a time to speak.

Please note that there is no obligation to be involved if you get in contact, I would just like to explain the documentary to you further.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Many thanks and stay safe,

Lisa Murphy-O’Reilly
    Assistant Producer
    http://www.pioneertv.com

TiRed

After a dog? Not a chance. They are basically floating barrels with excellent buoyancy. After a kid? Yes after assessing flow, conditions and availability of flotation devices. And I was a lifeguard.

Freester

Hard to say what I’d do in this exact circumstance. Would I leave my dog to drown or go in after him?

Happened here a few years ago. Owner died. Dog got out.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/dorset/7137877.stm

Viewing 4 posts - 161 through 164 (of 164 total)

The topic ‘Yesterday I did something stupid, but would have done the same?’ is closed to new replies.