Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Yes, it's another "What Tyre" thread.. Apologies.
  • Teetosugars
    Free Member

So, Maxxis combinations for the ongoing shite weather?
    Shorty up front and DHR out back?
    Or what should I be going for..
    Oh, and it’s for a 650b Full Suss..
    Cheers all.

weeksy

Depends where you ride ?

chiefgrooveguru

That’s what I’d do for predominantly natural riding that is less rock and more dirt – Shorty 2.5 up front and then a DHR2 of your choice out back (I haven’t tried the 2.4 but the 2.3 is great in either 3C or dual compound).

If you’re mostly on rock or trail centres I’d go with the DHF 2.5 up front.

skybluestu
    Free Member

I’ve just put an one chunky monkey 2.4 on the front. Made by Maxxis apparently. Miles more grip than my Minion 2.35 and only £25. Bargain. Best front tyre I’ve had on my bike

stevied
    Free Member

If it’s got to be Maxxis then, yes, Shorty + DHR2. If it doesn’t have to be Maxxis, try a WTB Convict/Vigilante combo. Works great on the natural stuff here.

postierich
    Free Member

Depends on what area you ride!

rocketman
    Free Member

Shorty up front and DHR out back?

Yup many votes for that combo

ST Shorty is mental

joebristol

I’ve just switched from dhr2 2.3 up front and 2.3 aggressor at the back (both in Exo / 3c) to a 2.5 Dhf exo 3c at the front and moved the dhr2 to the back. Not tried it yet – first ride will be in the dark tomorrow night.

That was the general recommendation for the winter if you want Maxxis and mostly ride trail centres. If you do more natural muddybstuff hen the alternative was to put a shorty up front instead of the dhf.

If it doesn’t have to be Maxxis then a magic Mary would likely be a good alternative to the shorty and then put something like a hans dampf or nobby nic on the back.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Where do I ride?

Apologies, I should’ve said, mainly Wales/ The Lakes/ The Peak..

And no, it doesn’t have to be Maxxis..

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

DHF – HR2 rear but DHR2 is also good. Found Maxxis to be the best IMHO. Wales, FoD, Peaks and bit in between. Must say that the wider rims make a difference after I got a replacement for my rear and went wide 30mm. Just need to smash the front to justify a wide up front 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Yes, it's another "What Tyre" thread.. Apologies.’ is closed to new replies.