Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Yes it's a tyre question
  • avdave2

Having gone rigid on the off road commuter I’m looking for the largest volume tyre I can get on a 717 rim that’s going to cope with general winter conditions.

I’m currently running Mud X which are perfect for the conditions I ride in and will stay on the back but would like something that offers a little more comfort up front. I’m 60KG and have no problems running 30 PSI front and rear with tubes.
    Having looked at other tyre threads the Rubber Queens look like an option but I’m not sure about them on my rims.

(Almost) any advice welcome

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ve taken my Rubber Queens off for the winter, much better as a general summer tyre IMO.

If I’m not using Mud Xs in the winter I tend to go for Nevegals, as they cope particularly well with local conditions – but I know not everyone likes them and some say they tear too easy on rocks.

mboy
    Free Member

Try a Bonty XR4 in 2.2″ flavour

BIG for its size (and I wouldn’t go any bigger on a 717 if I were you), plenty of knobbles and grippy enough in the mud and slop for a big tyre. Good and relatively fast rolling in harder conditions too.

Got one spare (1 ride old) if you were interested

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jonnyv
    Free Member

after trying Mud X,Nobby Nic,dunlops mud tyre and Conti’s on the front as well as various maxxis i REALLY like my swampthing.I feel very confident with a 2.35 on the front and Mud X on the back is sweeeet.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Yes it's a tyre question’ is closed to new replies.