Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Yes, Friday is new bike day
  • mildred

I say new, just finished full resto’ today, but it’s actually about 36 years old…

Bought as a box of bits in about 2001 & done whenever the fancy took me. Started on about the 12th kick but revs it’s knackers off so probably need to fettle the jetting. Mmmm 2-stroke mmmm….

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

That…

is **** sweet/massively old school cool.

ThePinkster

That is truly wonderful. Best bike I’ve seen for ages.

Rubber-Duck

is it the Ty250?

I used to have a TY80 then a TY175 they were great fun.

You have done a delightful restoration job there. 🙂

mildred

TY 175 Majesty with a gen 2 Godden built frame circa 1981 ish. It’s beyond gorgeous in the flesh.

Wookster

Wow!! Love it!

mildred

Thanks folks..!

Cool, used to go and raid Mick Andrews workshop for stickers and watch him trialling when I was a kid, living in the same village

andykirk
    Free Member

That is beautiful. Well done.

If all motorbikes looked like that and were limited to 40mph I might ride one.

Gets me thinking….

Old motorbikes look far better than those of today.
    …as do old bicycles
    …as do old cars
    …as do old buildings
    etc etc.

I wonder why.

mm93
    Free Member

Lovely,well done.

Rubber-Duck

Ah it was the frame that was confusing me.
    My ty 80 was great and always performed faultlessly however the 175 had carberation issues from new and always was temperamental. There were issues with the reed valve and the air cleaner made it run very oily.

Yours is lovely though. Will you be using it in events?

mildred

I probably won’t to be honest – it started as a winter project, which escalated into something too nice to use properly… maybe… possibly.. aaagh I don’t know.

We’re moving house soon and considering the houses my other half is looking at I might even have to sell it..! I’m also considering a cafe racer project which is exciting me a lot, but need to free up cash.

The last bike I did was a 1964 ish BSA C15t using a modified B40 frame and old Marzocchi forks – it was stunning but a royal pain in the arse to do anything with. Having been used to Jap gearboxes, when I opened up the BSA it all shot apart in front of me…

Looking for a scabby BMW r80 et al if anyone knows of one going cheep??

Rubber-Duck

Aha I too am looking for one of the old boxer twin BM’s to ‘cafe’ up or street scrambler.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Yes, Friday is new bike day’ is closed to new replies.