Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Yep a what tyre thread
  • hora
    Free Member

Longterm fan of Ardents and Swampthings.

Want to try something ‘inbetween’ as ghetto tubeless.

What though? Beavers are quite narrow (2.0)

davewalsh
    Free Member

Spesh Butcher / Purgatory ?

raisinhat
    Free Member

Maxxis don’t really have anything like what you want, it’s the biggest weakness in their range.

Off the top of my head
    Conti Baron / Rubberqueen?
    Schwalbe Muddy Mary / Magic Mary?

Just saying ‘screw the weight’ and putting a minion on?

sambob
    Free Member

ADvantage?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

what do you want them for?

Minions sounds about right for a general handle everything trail tyre

Rickos
    Free Member

Specialized Storm Control are a great 50/50 tyre if that’s what you’re after. Available tubeless ready too.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Beavers are brittle, certainly the EXC versions just a bit of toilet roll wrapped in a loop with knobs on.

hora
    Free Member

On the Storm control- £30 each end. Pricey for what they are 😯

Schwalbe- will have a look at those.

On the minion, I’ve got an almost new front minion in the garage- just didn’t like it on the front, is it ok on the rear/or evil?!

damascus
    Free Member

I have been running nobbly nics all this year. All the range work tubeless with some sealant, even the performance range.

I’ve been really impressed with them. Lightweight, good traction etc etc

I’ve just gone to put a Hans dampf on and the rear tyre looked really worn. Still has good tread but each bobble looks like its about to fall off. Front one looks new. There are also lots of small damp patches everywhere. I’m guessing these are small punctures that have sealed.

A really great tyre but wears very easily. Spend the money on your front tyre and stick a performance nobbly nic cheap tyre on the rear if on a budget.

dantsw13

If you are after a cheap all conditions tough winter tyre, the GEAX Datura from O-O for about £15 for the UST version. Great in mud, and was faultless in the Alps last year too.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Yep a what tyre thread’ is closed to new replies.