Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • “Yellow vest” **** gets nicked finally.
  • donks
    Free Member

Bloody hell, that list reads like the manifesto for my work colleagues daily rants. We had a fairly heated debate on friday when one of the right voting millennials sat in our office started frothing about how a dinner lady on the news had the absolute cheek to bemoan that she hadn’t received her universal credit… or something. I think his comment was “what the f… is she moaning about, being a dinner lady has got to be the most piss easy job in the world. If she wants more money she could get off her fat arse and better train to get a job that pays more”!!
    this seems to be the spirit of the youngsters (in our work place anyway). These are degree educated engineers i work with ffs.

dannyh
    Free Member

Typical shitheads. Can’t work out the difference between standing for and against something and can’t even use spell checker to work out that they can’t spell ‘Pensioner’ either.

It is reflective of what I have referred to for years as ‘The Shithead Tendency’. The school bullies who beat up anyone who was either intelligent or tried their best. Turning willful ignorance into something to be aspired to. I wouldn’t give them the steam off of my piss.

kilo

Copied from dan hett

Copied fro Dan Hett

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Well they can’t get jobs for lack of education. Should have worked harder in school instead of f around.

So they have nothing to do but blame others and harass…

They want Brexit so the economy fails and people vote for the far right.

davosaurusrex

Absolute bunch of weapons grade bell-ends.

That Dan Hett one above is gold!

Poopscoop

According to that pic, some of the things they are against, I totally agree with. Homelessness etc.

Then you read most of the rest and you realise what they are really for and against….. And it’s neither good nor vaguely coherent!

And yes, Brexit will make many of the genuine concerns even worse!

Mindless reactionary BS.

Go volunteer for a charity, fund raise etc…. Just shooting s*** at people shows what they really stand for. Which isn’t much.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Bloody hell, that list reads like the manifesto for my work colleagues daily rants. We had a fairly heated debate on friday when one of the right voting millennials sat in our office started frothing about how a dinner lady on the news had the absolute cheek to bemoan that she hadn’t received her universal credit… or something. I think his comment was “what the f… is she moaning about, being a dinner lady has got to be the most piss easy job in the world. If she wants more money she could get off her fat arse and better train to get a job that pays more”!!
    this seems to be the spirit of the youngsters (in our work place anyway). These are degree educated engineers i work with ffs.

That dinner lady was probably a brexiter though. So I’d agree with him, they need to get off their fat **** gammony arses.

The list perfectly highlights why reactionary types easily switch between the far left and far right.

The movements attract the same kinds of individuals.

Poopscoop

Haha!
    Just saw the Dan Hett one! Genius, make sure to read right down it.😃

rene59
    Free Member

Wtf is false adoption?

I think they might mean paternity fraud. I believe this is not an insignificant issue in the USA where the law around it causes some men to be left completed devastated financially and mentally. They are left legally the father of a child that is not theirs, even in cases where the mother of the child lied to them about it on purpose. Some cases they have had no knowledge of the child even existing but the mother of the child named them the father and the man had not challenged this within a set period of time.

Which makes this more than likely as the same issue doesn’t exist in the UK (I think at least).

And of course the repeated mentions of “veterans” is straight from the American alt-right play book, I expect they are getting their directions from the Bannon network.

EDIT: or it might be refering to forced adoption which is an issue in the UK. Who knows. That’s the trouble with single page A4 bullet point manifestos.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I would like to see a few of them given some time to explain their manifesto to the public, need a fairly heavyweight interviewer to handle the pressure

tarka_the_rotter
    Free Member

I’ve got some skin in this game – as I am a “veteran”, but I’m also a pro-EU left-leaning centrist and THE most dreadful ponce… Maybe they mean “different” veterans? I can’t keep up…

RustySpanner

We’re sleepwalking back to the 1930’s.

The majority of people who would have previously taken to the streets and given these **** a **** good hiding are too old.
    I know I am.

The next generation, post Thatcherism, haven’t a clue.
    They have been fed right wing rhetoric since childhood – greed is good, society is irrelevant, the cult of the self.

I occasionally hope there is a hell.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The next generation, post Thatcherism, haven’t a clue.
    They have been fed right wing rhetoric since childhood – greed is good, society is irrelevant, the cult of the self.

Well plenty do, but they get branded as snowflakes and told to piss off 😉

dannyh
    Free Member

Maybe they mean “different” veterans?

Yep. They hate people with Indian / Pakistani heritage too. But not nice old Ravi down at the Bay of Bengal Tandoori, he’s ok when they go there pissed and he doesn’t seem to mind when they take the mick, so not Ravi.

It is a bunch of inadequate, half-witted, men (mostly) lashing out at anyone because they can’t get paid £50k a year to sit down and have a fag / cup of tea / leer at any passing woman whilst taking their ‘entitlement’ of twenty sick days a year. I may have used one or two stereotypes there, but meh…..

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I may have used one or two stereotypes there, but meh…..

Their boss is probably a woman too 😉

RustySpanner

Well plenty do, but they get branded as snowflakes and told to piss off 😉

Time for action then Mike.

Global right wing populism is a threat to democracy and humanitarianism.

If the right are prepared to take to the streets, gain momentum and influence mainstream debate, how do we react?

It’s hard to appeal to people’s better nature, much easier to appeal to base instincts of fear, ignorance and hatred.

Prepared to fight for your beliefs?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Prepared to fight for your beliefs?

We have a police force for that. Pitched battles in the street are not going to solve anything and just end up with more bodies.

RustySpanner

We have a police force for that. Pitched battles in the street are not going to solve anything and just end up with more bodies.

Cable Street.
    The Civil Rights Movement.
    Apartheid.
    Peterloo, etc, etc.

You know the difference between right and wrong.

Sometimes you have to stand up for your beliefs, instead of relying on other people to do it for you.

MSP

Now we have a media that lavishes praise on right wing activism and turns a blind eye to right wing terrorism while doing anything to discredit left wing protest.

There is a real problem and I just don’t see a solution at the moment, unfortunately I think the relative period of world peace and co-operation we have had since WWII has slipped away and we are heading back to constant state of war.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

In all of those examples it was a case of the right/good vs the establishment, in this case it’s not the establishment is it – it’s a group of people who are grumpy and upset. The state in this case has the power and resources to do something here, going in and beating people up isn’t going to change their minds.

MSP

it’s a group of people who are grumpy and upset

Who seem to be the tail waging the establishment dog.

RustySpanner

The establishment couldn’t care less.

The state in this case has the power and resources to do something here

The state ALWAYS has the power to do ‘something’. Unless their power is under threat they choose not to.

Are you really telling me that the civil rights movement, the anti apartheid movement, the suffragists etc would have had the same impact if they’d stayed at home and written some stern letters to the establishment?

Come on.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Can you see where the difference is between the 2 though?

RustySpanner

Which two?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Fighting and resisting the government or state vs getting into a street fight with some thugs. If they are following the bannon/alt right playbook then a good old showdown Charlotsville style is probably what they want. “Bad people on both sides” reactions.

At the moment through their stunts like blocking ambulances and abusing people loses them support among normal people

RustySpanner

At the moment through their stunts like blocking ambulances and abusing people loses them support among normal people

I disagree.
    Allowing them to do such things unopposed legitimises their point of view.
    The government don’t care, they’ll go along with the ‘will of the people’ as long as they hold onto power.

If they are following the bannon/alt right playbook then a good old showdown Charlotsville style is probably what they want. “Bad people on both sides” reactions.

Again, I disagree.
    The media coverage of Charlottesville was overwhelmingly anti right wing, despite Trump’s establishment ‘nasty people on both sides’ bollocks.
    We saw a bunch of heavily armed people face off against a huge number of protestors and resort to violence in response.

If no one had turned out to protest against them, the coverage of their views and actions would have been very different.
    Just compare the pre Charlottesville coverage with the coverage after the event.

rmacattack
    Free Member

Currently it seems the french are the only ones going about it correctly if you ask me. It will happen here also and in alot of other european countries. People can only be shafted for so long until they crack.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Anyone else wondering about the 2-day gap between the offence and the arrest?

Met ****ed up.

RustySpanner

Deleted.

rmacattack
    Free Member

Going about what?

Well I assume by wrecking havoc and destroying their public spaces. Those on the hill are bound to have noticed and maybe , long shot as it is, unless it benefits them, listen to the people , review their policies and maybe take action. Although with how incompetent governments are now I doubt much will be achieved.

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘“Yellow vest” **** gets nicked finally.’ is closed to new replies.