Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Yell.com website ??? A little help please,
  • blastit
    Free Member

Need a little help please, I have a website but Yell tell me it’s no good and want to sell me a new one.
    Are they any good ???
    Not sure where to go.
    Suggestions please

bencooper
    Free Member

Yellow Pages are a con – ignore them.

GrahamA
    Free Member

Can’t comment on Yell but how about a link to your current site?

blastit
    Free Member

sorry that would be a good idea,

http://www.blastman.t83.net

thanks

Pook

ask yourself this; when looking for something online what do you use, yell or Google?

you’d be better off investing the money you’d spend on a yell subscription in some search engine optimisation or ‘SEO’. Or just doing it yourself – Google has good guides about how to enhance your pages so you come out on top when people are hunting out your kind of services.

smudge
    Free Member

Yell, will plague you to death with phonecalls, and Applegate grrr,

johndoh
    Free Member

They will sell you a templated website with no thought for what you need from your web presence.

They recently contacted a client claiming to have amazing links with Google and making all sorts of promises.

They supplied my client with a series of links to sites they had done, one of which was for a bath store in leeds called something like ‘leedsbathstore.co.uk’.

But if you Google ‘bath stores in leeds it doesn’t come up.

Go figure.

johndoh
    Free Member

You could also try asking them why your existing one is no good and what they will do to improve the design and (more importantly) the build standard.

nickb

@blastit – interesting that your site is built using Moonfruit. Yell bought Moonfruit a few months ago for about $25m! Interesting way of building on that value…

blastit
    Free Member

Thanks for the comments everyone, gives me plenty to think about.
    They are very pushy at present,
    Where would I start with SEO and what are the costs ? I did do a bit but got a bit lost.

bencooper
    Free Member

The simple way to do it is to just hav e a website with lots of info. You can’t fool Google for long.

neilthewheel

Yup, Yell is a waste of money.

McHamish
    Free Member

If it helps, a few years ago I contemplated going freelance as a web designer…one avenue i considered for potential clients was going to be contacting yell customers and offering them a website. The yell templates I found were terrible.

That was a few years ago though, might have improved by now.

stufive
    Free Member

I had a total nightmare with yell dont go near them

butcher

They supplied my client with a series of links to sites they had done, one of which was for a bath store in leeds called something like ‘leedsbathstore.co.uk’.

But if you Google ‘bath stores in leeds it doesn’t come up.

Yup, we had a similar client. Though they had already went ahead with the website. It didn’t show up on Search Engines. Only through Yell.com… And to top it off the website was crap.

Don’t do it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Yell.com website ??? A little help please,’ is closed to new replies.