• This topic has 25 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Year of the Rabbit… another reason to watch it
  • DezB
    Free Member

It’s upset Farage 😆
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/nigel-farage-year-of-the-rabbit-neil-fromage-shot-dead-channel-4-a8981281.html

Excellent.
    Oh it’s Matt Berry, it’s funny and it has tons of unnecessary swearing and the funniest bicycle scene I’ve seen (in Ep2 iirc). They’re are some minor reasons in comparison.

ThePinkster

Didn’t need any more reasons to watch it as it’s excellent anyway, but I’ll be looking out for this tonight.

Farage really is a ****t isn’t he.

DezB
    Free Member

He sure is. Can you imagine the phone call.. “Hi Nige, have you heard of Year of the Rabbit?”
    “No”
    “Well they have this character in it called…”

ThePinkster

LOL, that’s just how I pictured it

funkmasterp

Worth watching What we do in the shadows too. Matt Berry really is great.

akira

It’s no Toast but it’s good

richmtb

Freedom of speech and belief is not subject to approval by a transitory authority. It is absolute or it is nothing. Such was and remains my conviction. And oh, it has got me into some delicious trouble.

Nigel Farage 2010

akira

Yes but freedom of speech is for making racist comments and being smug, not for some leftie media types making fun of him. Hopefully they have a series of characters based on him getting killed off every week now.

chewkw
    Free Member

Hopefully they have a series of characters based on him getting killed off every week now.

😀 politicians are easy target for jokes aren’t they?

kelvin

Has there been the usual uproar on social media about non-white characters in a show set in historic England? I’ve not seen any. Perhaps it’s only being shown in the UK, so not on the international stirrers’ radar. They’ll know about it now…

Anyway, enjoying it… not as good as Toast… or What We Do In The Shadows… but that then little is…

durhambiker
    Free Member

And another reason, Adam Savage made one of the props

jimdubleyou

He’s hung up!

DezB
    Free Member

not as good as Toast… or What We Do In The Shadows

I’d put it up there with Toast. And much better than ..the Shadows series – didn’t work for me, stretched the joke too far.

kimbers

I think I preferred shadows, but Rabbit is still great!

akira

Yes they are Chewkw and so they should be. Although I’ll admit Farage makes it a bit too easy.

chewkw
    Free Member

I think they are all funny, Toast, Rabbit and Shadows … hmmm … something about the bloke (Matt Berry) that makes me laugh …

stever
    Free Member

…and let’s not forget the loopy Douglas Reynholm from the IT Crowd

kerley
    Free Member

There needs to be a concerted effort to make fun of the likes of Farage and Trump as they really cannot take it. A constant daily barrage would have them frothing to the point where they would start to say things even they may not get away with so easily. They really do need to be continually wound up.

nedrapier

… and Garth Merengi’s Dark Place. and Snuff Box – 8-0

retro83
    Free Member

And the Mighty Boosh.

Love the boyfriend sketches on Snuff Box, the one where he punts the old boy’s dog as he’s running past pops to mind every time I see one being walked.

simondarlo
    Free Member

Has anyone else watched Matt Berry Does… on bbc iPlayer? Absolute genius written by Bob Mortimer

colournoise

Don’t forget Beef on House of Fools.

To be fair, he does just seem to play Matt Berry in all his roles but he’s consistently funny doing that.

chewkw
    Free Member

Love the boyfriend sketches on Snuff Box,

Absolutely brilliant! 🤣 🤣 🤣

kcr
    Free Member

There needs to be a concerted effort to make fun of the likes of Farage and Trump as they really cannot take it.

I reckon Farage loves this sort of thing, because his entire business model is about “Brand Farage”. This just gives him another bit of exposure be doesn’t deserve.

jonba
    Free Member

Hopefully they have a series of characters based on him getting killed off every week now.

Oh my god they killed Nigel!

DezB
    Free Member

Did anyone else have trouble breathing when he threw the prince’s ear in Strauss’ face then did that laugh?

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Year of the Rabbit… another reason to watch it’ is closed to new replies.