Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Yay! We can drink in the pub garden today!
  • DrJ

Never mind the pubs, the local rag has been reporting that people around the county have been queuing since 6.30am to get into various Primarks 🤣

What is it with Primark? I understand it’s a place to buy clothes, but do people really need new clothes so much that they’ll queue in the street to buy them?

Murray

All the pubs round here are pre-booked for months so I’ll continue my drinking from home

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Got work finished bang on deadline so celebrated by going to the pub garden at 5 when it was still warm. 2 beers and chatting were nice but the highspot was finding that one of the small stables walk past on the shortcut through the fields have a pair of delightful Oxford Sandy and Black piglets.
    Really cute little buggers.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    binners

We went for a couple of beers the other night with a couple of mates. It was great to feel something like normality.

I do hope that this table service lark continues once things are back to ‘normal’ (whatever that is?). It’s far more civilised.

All the pubs round here are pre-booked for months so I’ll continue my drinking from home

I’d try your luck if you just happen to be out. After what happened last summer with people pre-booking tables then not turning up, a lot of pubs are being a bit smarter this time and keeping a certain number of tables for walk-ins. They were where we went the other night and other places locally are doing the same.

And folks, if you’re going out then give the staff a decent tip when you leave. They’ve had a shit last 12 months, money-wise.

avdave2

I do hope that this table service lark continues once things are back to ‘normal’ (whatever that is?). It’s far more civilised.

We’ll have none of that civilised bollocks here mate, sounds far too bloody European to me.

Actually what you really want is the beer pump at the table, went to a bar in Vienna once that had that, they zero it when you sit down and you serve yourself and you pay at the end for how much you’ve had. Of course introduce that here and you’d have people lying on the table mouths open while their mates see how many pints they can swallow before it turns into waterboarding

I just hope that pubs open is going to reduce the tons of glass I’m picking up every day off the floor on my recycling round. Not going to help with the mountains of cardboard but you can’t have everything.

oldtennisshoes

Of course introduce that here and you’d have people lying on the table mouths open while their mates see how many pints they can swallow before it turns into waterboarding

You say that like it’s a bad thing 🤷‍♂️🚰🍻

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Yay! We can drink in the pub garden today!’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts