• This topic has 138 replies, 44 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Klunk.
Viewing 19 posts - 121 through 139 (of 139 total)
  • Yay! UKIP employing Latvians to deliver their election leaflets.
  • TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

UKIP’s days will be numbered (even quicker) if they ever try to ban Eurovision

derekfish
    Free Member

Klunk – Member
    Ol’ farage doesn’t half attract some unsavory characters !

BRITAIN FIRST STATEMENT r.e. UKIP:
    BRITAIN FIRST TO DEPLOY ARMOURED PATROL VEHICLES AND EX-MILITARY VOLUNTEERS TO PROTECT UKIP LEADER NIGEL FARAGE
    We are sickened by the far-left attempts to stifle democracy by attacking UKIP leader Nigel Farage.
    Britain First is indeed a rival patriotic party to UKIP, but we are all patriots together and UKIP may be well presented in nice suits but as recent attacks show, they cannot protect Mr Farage from the leftwing thugs who seem intent in intimidating him and perverting the democratic process.
    While no great fans of UKIP, Britain First has hundreds of ex-British Forces street activists and several armoured ex-army Land Rovers and we now put our men and our resources at UKIP’s disposal during the period of election campaigning.
    We shall continue to fight UKIP for votes at the ballot but we will not allow fellow patriots to be bullied off our streets by un-elected thugs who do not even stand for election themselves.
    We forced the bully boys of the Muslim patrols off the streets of east London and we shall deploy our units to ensure that UKIP have the right to campaign free from attacks by leftwing hooligans.
    Today we put principles and country above politics, maybe others will follow suit.
    END

Reminds me of that Rudyard Kipling rhyme “Tommy this and Tommy that, chuck him out the brute
    But it’s ‘Saviour of his country’ when the guns begin to shoot.”

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Reminds me of that Rudyard Kipling rhyme “Tommy this and Tommy that, chuck him out the brute

Well it shows how strange you are. I can’t see any connection at all between those two lines you’ve quoted from Kipling poem, and a comment attributed to a bunch of disgruntled former BNP members.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    muddydwarf
    Free Member

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britain_First

Some lovely characters in Britain First, ex-BNP fascists, Scottish Christian Fundamentalists/Ulster Unionist religious nutters etc.
    Nice to see them recognising anti-democratic fellow travellers in UKIP.

kimbers

Klunk
    Free Member

Hurrah for the blackshirts by Derekfish.

ollie51
    Free Member

Wasn’t Nigel great last night? Classic moment right at the end, the rest had been arguing about the Government and its ability to intervene in the Pfizer acquisition and only Nigel made the point whilst illustrating the lies from LabConLibDem..

Except what he said is basically untrue. As long as the take over bid is nice and transparent, as the Takeover Directive requires, the Commission can do nothing. Even then, the Takeover Directive has been consolidated into the Companies Act, so it would be dealt with in courts in the UK. So yeah, Nige was misrepresenting the facts.

The vast majority of what UKIP/Farage says relies on you not understanding the EU and its institutions. Fortunately most people don’t know the difference between a Peer and an MP, let along a Commissioner and an MEP. So they just take what the ‘anti-establishment’ party says as fact. Ignorance is UKIP’s best friend.

You should all probably know that Magna Carta of 1215 was never implemented into law, since it was declared uncanonical by Innocent III. I think it was the 1217 version that actually got implemented which was vastly stripped back of the significant clauses (e.g. security clause) but kept the clauses that talk of slavery of the Welsh, oppression of the red heads and ownership of the Jews. Irrespective of that, Magna Carta was basically an aristocratic protest riot, in response to John’s paranoia and despotism, calling for the re-imposition of his father’s style of government.

derekfish
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member
    Well it shows how strange you are. I can’t see any connection

You can’t see any connection between that rhyme and the denigration of a group of ex servicemen?

Maybe I read it wrong. While no great fans of UKIP, Britain First has hundreds of ex-British Forces

no, I didn’t read it wrong.

Whilst I don’t agree with them and I’m fairly sure poor Nigel would be horrified at any association with them, just as I’m sure you would be equally as horrified by association with the Left Wing thugs, it doesn’t make the rhyme any less pertinent.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

A denigration of a PARTICULARLY odious group of claimed ex service personnel. I am fairly sure this bunch of unrepentant fascists & sectarian bigots are extremely unrepresentative of HM armed forces & do not represent Tommy Atkins in any way, shape or form.
    It says more about you Derek that you attempt to shoehorn that poem & its meaning into the political stance of such vile people than it does about the armed forces.

derekfish
    Free Member

muddydwarf – Member
    A denigration of a PARTICULARLY odious group of claimed ex service personnel. I am fairly sure this bunch of unrepentant fascists & sectarian bigots are extremely unrepresentative of HM armed forces & do not represent Tommy Atkins in any way, shape or form.
    It says more about you Derek that you attempt to shoehorn that poem & its meaning into the political stance of such vile people than it does about the armed forces.

“Particularly odious” &”Vile People” is a point of view, precisely illustrated by that poem, it’s the standard viewpoint of the hand wringer until such times as said hand ringers own life is in danger, then suddenly the “odious and vile people” are sent forward to face the cause.

You should read the poem in its entirety, it was written around the last time we were losing men in Afghanistan and when they returned just left to their own devices.

Here, have a read

“Tommy”
    Rudyard Kipling

I went into a public-‘ouse to get a pint o’ beer,
    The publican ‘e up an’ sez, “We serve no red-coats here.”
    The girls be’ind the bar they laughed an’ giggled fit to die,
    I outs into the street again an’ to myself sez I:
    O it’s Tommy this, an’ Tommy that, an’ “Tommy, go away”;
    But it’s “Thank you, Mister Atkins”, when the band begins to play,
    The band begins to play, my boys, the band begins to play,
    O it’s “Thank you, Mister Atkins”, when the band begins to play.

I went into a theatre as sober as could be,
    They gave a drunk civilian room, but ‘adn’t none for me;
    They sent me to the gallery or round the music-‘alls,
    But when it comes to fightin’, Lord! they’ll shove me in the stalls!
    For it’s Tommy this, an’ Tommy that, an’ “Tommy, wait outside”;
    But it’s “Special train for Atkins” when the trooper’s on the tide,
    The troopship’s on the tide, my boys, the troopship’s on the tide,
    O it’s “Special train for Atkins” when the trooper’s on the tide.

Yes, makin’ mock o’ uniforms that guard you while you sleep
    Is cheaper than them uniforms, an’ they’re starvation cheap;
    An’ hustlin’ drunken soldiers when they’re goin’ large a bit
    Is five times better business than paradin’ in full kit.
    Then it’s Tommy this, an’ Tommy that, an’ “Tommy, ‘ow’s yer soul?”
    But it’s “Thin red line of ‘eroes” when the drums begin to roll,
    The drums begin to roll, my boys, the drums begin to roll,
    O it’s “Thin red line of ‘eroes” when the drums begin to roll.

We aren’t no thin red ‘eroes, nor we aren’t no blackguards too,
    But single men in barricks, most remarkable like you;
    An’ if sometimes our conduck isn’t all your fancy paints,
    Why, single men in barricks don’t grow into plaster saints;
    While it’s Tommy this, an’ Tommy that, an’ “Tommy, fall be’ind”,
    But it’s “Please to walk in front, sir”, when there’s trouble in the wind,
    There’s trouble in the wind, my boys, there’s trouble in the wind,
    O it’s “Please to walk in front, sir”, when there’s trouble in the wind.

You talk o’ better food for us, an’ schools, an’ fires, an’ all:
    We’ll wait for extry rations if you treat us rational.
    Don’t mess about the cook-room slops, but prove it to our face
    The Widow’s Uniform is not the soldier-man’s disgrace.
    For it’s Tommy this, an’ Tommy that, an’ “Chuck him out, the brute!”
    But it’s “Saviour of ‘is country” when the guns begin to shoot;
    An’ it’s Tommy this, an’ Tommy that, an’ anything you please;
    An’ Tommy ain’t a bloomin’ fool — you bet that Tommy sees!

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Particularly odious” &”Vile People” is a point of view, precisely illustrated by that poem, it’s the standard viewpoint of the hand wringer until such times as said hand ringers own life is in danger, then suddenly the “odious and vile people” are sent forward to face the cause.
    You should read the poem in its entirety, it was written around the last time we were losing men in Afghanistan and when they returned just left to their own devices.

10 quid says half of them are walts. Also, if you posted about UKIP on the Army Rumour Service forums you’d get laughed off. They hate the group you linked to as well.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I do know that poem very well thank you, and i know very well that it wasn’t written to offer support to fascists or sectarian bigots no matter how you try to spin it.
    Either you are trolling or you really are an apologists for such scum; either way you are a deeply unpleasant individual and i make no apology for saying such.
    Actually, people like you turn my stomach.

derekfish
    Free Member

muddydwarf – Member
    I do know that poem very well thank you, and i know very well that it wasn’t written to offer support to fascists or sectarian bigots no matter how you try to spin it.
    Either you are trolling or you really are an apologists for such scum; either way you are a deeply unpleasant individual and i make no apology for saying such.
    Actually, people like you turn my stomach.

I’m neither trolling nor acting as an apologist, I’m merely pointing out that had it not been for the actions supported by people like you,on the left, that we wouldn’t be facing all this and have been all along if you’d taken the trouble read my posts more carefully.

People like you throwing around ‘racist’ insults and attempting to label anyone with a view point different to you own as ‘scum’ or suggest they ‘turn your stomach’ is exactly why the silent types are turning inexorably to the right.

You don’t know me, you’ve formed a stupid opinion born of what you think or want to think of what’s written in my posts without exactly studying the content, I suggest you read it again and act in a less ignorant and unpleasant manner.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I’m neither trolling nor acting as an apologist, I’m merely pointing out that had it not been for the actions supported by people like you,on the left, that we wouldn’t be facing all this and have been all along if you’d taken the trouble read my posts more carefully.

Don’t blame the left, the EU is all about free markets (including labour markets). That’s a capitalists dream.

sbob
    Free Member

Tom_W1987 – Member

Don’t blame the left, the EU is all about free markets (including labour markets). That’s a capitalists dream.

The EU is all about creating an all powerful controlling superstate.
    That’s a left wing party’s dream.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Britain First has hundreds of ex-British Forces

I very much doubt that Britain First has “hundreds” of members, whatever their former profession might have been.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The EU is all about creating an all powerful controlling superstate.

That’s a left wing party’s dream.

Almost all the EU countries have conservative national governments, and in the EU parliament itself the left has always been in a minority.

The EU parliament today :

The EU is a right wing party’s dream. They have serious influence and direct involvement in the economic affairs of 28 member states. Even the ones in which conservatives have failed to win general elections.

sbob
    Free Member

That’s a pretty picture, but if you line up our political parties from left to right, I think you’ll find they’re in the same order as if you’d lined them up in order of EU favouritism.

My comment was about the (conrolling) nature of left wing parties.
    I’m left of centre in my political views, I just don’t like our left leaning political parties.

Klunk
    Free Member
Viewing 19 posts - 121 through 139 (of 139 total)

The topic ‘Yay! UKIP employing Latvians to deliver their election leaflets.’ is closed to new replies.