• This topic has 138 replies, 44 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 139 total)
  • Yay! UKIP employing Latvians to deliver their election leaflets.
  • chewkw
    Free Member

kimbers – Member
    People who vote for them are the ultimate example of poor education

Crikey … that bad eh! 😯

See, Zombies on all sides.

😆

boxelder

gallows humour

Facing death are you?

Poor taste, at best.

Yes, I’m wringing my hands and whining……

crankboy
    Free Member

What I don’t get is why people of a certain persuasion bang on about the importance of Magna Carta but hate the European Charter of Human Rights one is a significant document that protects the special interests of a limited group of Norman French Aristocrats and their Feudal Retainers the “Freemen”, the other a document drawn up largely be the British to protect the fundamental rights and liberties of everyone. One was drawn up under duress, reneged upon almost immediately and now is 98% revoked and of little relevance, the other is in full force, internationally agreed and approved by consent and is a global bench mark.

One can see that outside of the study of early English History or constitutional law, Magna Carta is not a big deal one can see why in our country as it is today children would be aware of the central principles of a religion followed by a significant minority of the population .

Good video Ninfan but I am really not sure that they are joking about the Holocaust more that they are celebrating their Grandfathers survival .

derekfish
    Free Member

boxelder – Member
    gallows humour
    Facing death are you?

We’re all facing death chap, some of us are just a bit closer to it than others.. 😉

Have you checked yours lately?

derekfish
    Free Member

crankboy – Member
    What I don’t get is why people of a certain persuasion bang on about the importance of Magna Carta but hate the European Charter of Human Rights one is a significant document that protects the special interests of a limited group of Norman French Aristocrats and their Feudal Retainers the “Freemen”, the other a document drawn up largely be the British to protect the fundamental rights and liberties of everyone. One was drawn up under duress, reneged upon almost immediately and now is 98% revoked and of little relevance, the other is in full force, internationally agreed and approved by consent and is a global bench mark.

One can see that outside of the study of early English History or constitutional law, Magna Carta is not a big deal one can see why in our country as it is today children would be aware of the central principles of a religion followed by a significant minority of the population .

Good video Ninfan but I am really not sure that they are joking about the Holocaust more that they are celebrating their Grandfathers survival .

Good point, well made and I entirely concur, but would still rather my kids were taught this sort of relevant info than the hours wasted as previously described.
    Then maybe a serious discussion could be had by all regarding the issues that have given rise to xenophobic support that we currently see growing.

gobuchul
    Free Member

the Magna Carta is the root of the freedoms and basis for our Justice System,

That’s stretching it quite a bit. A load of rich landowners protecting themselves is closer to the truth.

Read up on the politics behind Magna Carta. Then teach your children about it.

joeegg
    Free Member

The main political parties felt reluctant to mention the word immigration because it came with the word racist attached to it.There are a lot of people in this country concerned about immigration,whether positive or negative.UKIP is the only party to bring this to the fore and have an easily understandable policy.
    The other parties vary their policies according to public opinion at voting time.
    UKIP may not have a lot of policies but the public already distrust career politicians and their meaningless waffle so keeping it simple seems to have its appeal.

footflaps

[url=https://flic.kr/p/nwWo9f]UKIP hypocrisy[/url] by brf, on Flickr

BigDummy
    Free Member

A vote for UKIP at the European parliamentary elections is a vote for children being taught more facts about Magna Carta.

Vote UKIP for obscure constitutional history in the nation’s primary schools.

UKIP: your best defence against the vague religious pluralism in the current school curriculum.

Yep, sold.

Northwind

joeegg – Member

The main political parties felt reluctant to mention the word immigration

Er… Immigration is a constant political football, all the main parties are at it.

ninfan
    Free Member

the Magna Carta is the root of the freedoms and basis for our Justice System,

A load of rich landowners protecting themselves

I think you may have proved his point 😉

Actually, its not quite that simple, as MC was in many ways a codification of the existing common law, and you enter there into an interesting discussion on whether the crown or parliament can enact statutes that are contrary to the common law – Crankboy also opened an interesting can of worms on the nature of constitution and whether Magna Carta as a treaty between the king and his subjects has indeed be repealed or not, since while the statute may be repealed, the treaty as signed remains, and it claims that these rights were handed down in perpetuity, so we open the discussion on parliamentary supremacy versus the nature of the written and unwritten constitution… and so on it goes, fascinating!

not sure that they are joking about the Holocaust more that they are celebrating their Grandfathers survival

One persons celebration is another’s offensive and disrespectful denigration of a sacred place, one persons offhand joke is another’s deeply offensive remark…

kimbers

UKIP is the only party to bring this to the fore and have an easily understandable policy.

just like the BNP……

gobuchul
    Free Member

Magna Carta was a treaty between the Barons and the Crown.

It did not apply any rights to the vast majority of the population.

mogrim

An enjoyable book which derekfish and others interested in history should definitely read: 1215: The Year of Magna Carta

konabunny
    Free Member

So the fact that they were unable to contract or employ only British workers to do it due to EU law actually reinforces UKIP’s point surely

I realize I’m late to this, and I realize that facts are unwelcome things, but this is a load of old ****. The conduct you’re suggesting would be UKIP’s preferred path has been illegal in England since section 3 of the Race Relations Act 1968 came into effect…five years before the UK joined the EEC.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I realize I’m late to this, and I realize that facts are unwelcome things, but this is a load of old ****. The conduct you’re suggesting would be UKIP’s preferred path has been illegal in England since section 3 of the Race Relations Act 1968 came into effect…five years before the UK joined the EEC.

slowoldman

El-bent – Member

politically correct

You mean normal people who like the idea of being nice to each other? [/quote]

“Politically Correct” is a derogatory term surely?

ninfan
    Free Member

The conduct you’re suggesting would be UKIP’s preferred path has been illegal in England since section 3 of the Race Relations Act 1968 came into effect…five years before the UK joined the EEC.

Wrong, as S3 of the race relations act would only apply to the relationship between the contracting company ‘Fast Leaflet’ and the delivery staff themselves (employer/employee) 8)

edlong
    Free Member

I seem to spend almost all of my waking hours whenever these kids come round explaining it all to them.

Surely “whenever these kids come round” wouldn’t have been more than once?

atlaz
    Free Member

UKIP is the only party to bring this to the fore and have an easily understandable policy.

Can you explain what it is as Nigel Farage doesn’t seem to be able to in a coherent fashion when prompted.

chewkw
    Free Member

FFS! Just vote whoever you like after all they are all zombie maggots in many forms. 🙄

Makes no difference whatsoever and you will not starve to death nor your inheritance will disappear over night or you being put into slavery.

I mean look at all those so called leaders of the parties they are all zombie maggots! Zombie maggots! You are voting for zombie maggots!

As a legal alien, yes yes I hear you say bloody 3rd world Johnny Clarks shoes, I find nothing change or improve for better or worst no matter who I vote for as everything remains the same to some extend. Yes, you might be few pounds worst off or gain by voting this or that party but deep down we are living a zombie maggot lifestyle. As zombie maggots you live to fight another day if you are not squash under someone else shoes.

Crikey, I have voted for all of them and as far as I see they are all bunch of jokers that when they retire they get handsome pay off … just because they were once politicians.

What’s with this loyalty to one party shite? They are all shite! Ideology? Shite! Zombie maggots need not preach ideology to others. Then you get some saying that we need to be in EU otherwise we are all condemn to poverty for eternity. FFS! This sounded as if you will turn begging over night. No such thing just that you will be put to hard labour or turn into slave that’s all.

As one of my NZ mate says … bunch of whinging pom they are. 😆

😈

wwaswas

8/10 chewkw.

I like that it’s taken 3 pages to build up and then you let it all come gushing out like that.

You do lose points for having punctuation and proper paragraphs, though.

atlaz
    Free Member

Oooh… apparently he wants EU citizens who are settled in the UK to apply for leave to remain. That includes my mother who has been a UK resident for over 45 years. Interesting.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I’m sure I’m not alone in finding that chewkw’s posts do not really advance my understanding of the issues at stake in these discussions.

🙂

derekfish
    Free Member

I must have missed something during a period of absence and lost log in here, but could somebody explain a zombie maggot to me?

Surely an undead maggot becomes a Fly? Equally a pest but then I’m told there are no flies on Nigel. 😈

chewkw
    Free Member

BigDummy – Member

I’m sure I’m not alone in finding that chewkw’s posts do not really advance my understanding of the issues at stake in these discussions.

Why youuuu! 👿

Are you trying to deflate my zombie maggot(TM) ideology? Discuss.

Now that will learn you.

😆

derekfish – Member

I must have missed something during a period of absence and lost log in here, but could somebody explain a zombie maggot to me?

Surely an undead maggot becomes a Fly? Equally a pest but then I’m told there are no flies on Nigel.

Zombie maggot = the ones with rotting brains yet try to live or pass themselves off as if they have living intelligence of common sense.

Fly maggot? You are on wrong forum. 😆

There you go are we learned?

RustySpanner

‘Political Correctness’ was coined by right wing fundamentalists who wished to demonise those who were happy with the previous definition of the same concept.

Which was ‘being nice to each other’.
    And we can’t have people just going around being nice to each other, now can we?
    Very bad for profits.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Which was ‘being nice to each other’.

No it’s not.

derekfish
    Free Member

Political correctness if I’m not mistaken is just another US import, to go with litigation, MTV, Fast Food and all other wonders of modern existence.

Gone are good manners, politeness as a matter of course, modesty, self control, respect for others and their views with restraint.

konabunny
    Free Member

Ninfan: “Well, for a start it would be illegal under EU law for UKIP to contract a firm and say they could only use British workers, and on top of that it would be illegal under EU law for ‘Fast Leaflet’ to employ only British workers”. This is exactly the conduct that would have been caught by the RRA. I’m afraid you have sod all idea what you’re talking about. Cheerio!

Tom_W1987
    Free Member
    Northwind

atlaz – Member

Oooh… apparently he wants EU citizens who are settled in the UK to apply for leave to remain. That includes my mother who has been a UK resident for over 45 years. Interesting.

Leaving aside the general wtfitty of this, I would just love to be a fly on the wall at the UKVI on day one of this policy, they’re already incapable of doing the job they’re supposed to as it is.

kimbers

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAJhdZYkKqA&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Junkyard
    Free Member

Gone are good manners, politeness as a matter of course, modesty, self control, respect for others and their views with restraint.

You are an example to us all, especially the lefties, in this respect
    Brilliant 😆

derekfish
    Free Member

Junkyard – lazarus

You are an example to us all, especially the lefties, in this respect
    Brilliant

Why thank you junkie, nice to have my qualities noted, not that my modesty would normally have me acknowledge such praise, but coming from a big hitter such as yourself, I feel honoured.

<UKIPVoice>It’s not too late son we can still help you</UKIPvoice>

Wasn’t Nigel great last night? Classic moment right at the end, the rest had been arguing about the Government and its ability to intervene in the Pfizer acquisition and only Nigel made the point whilst illustrating the lies from LabConLibDem..

Lifer
    Free Member

What point?

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think even UKIP would accept I am beyond their help
    I have been disappointed they have not knocked on my door to get my vote.

I will do as i do with the Tories waste as much of their time as I possibly can whilst seeing just how racist I can get them to be 😀

I dont watch QT but I am sure his performance appealed to his supporters.

derekfish
    Free Member

Junkyard – lazarus
    I think even UKIP would accept I am beyond their help
    I have been disappointed they have not knocked on my door to get my vote.

<UKIPvoice>Well allow me, it’s not too late young chap and the road to Damascas is very long, think of all the things we can do for you, stopping all those nasty immigrants coming here and taking your jobs, well not your job you’re a teacher aren’t you? We do so hope you’re not filling the heads of young minds with Pillars of IslamSalt. If we get into power we’ll give you the freedom to thrashteach some sense into our youth. Just give us your address, we’ll send someone round. 😉 </UKIPvoice>

mogrim

Leaving aside the general wtfitty of this, I would just love to be a fly on the wall at the UKVI on day one of this policy, they’re already incapable of doing the job they’re supposed to as it is.

I’m wondering what will happen on day 1 of Britain’s glorious post-EU existence, when all the expat community on the Spanish coast suddenly realise they no longer have an automatic right to be there or use the Spanish health system. (Me – I’ll be applying for Spanish nationality…)

Klunk
    Free Member

Ol’ farage doesn’t half attract some unsavory characters !

BRITAIN FIRST STATEMENT r.e. UKIP:

BRITAIN FIRST TO DEPLOY ARMOURED PATROL VEHICLES AND EX-MILITARY VOLUNTEERS TO PROTECT UKIP LEADER NIGEL FARAGE
    We are sickened by the far-left attempts to stifle democracy by attacking UKIP leader Nigel Farage.
    Britain First is indeed a rival patriotic party to UKIP, but we are all patriots together and UKIP may be well presented in nice suits but as recent attacks show, they cannot protect Mr Farage from the leftwing thugs who seem intent in intimidating him and perverting the democratic process.
    While no great fans of UKIP, Britain First has hundreds of ex-British Forces street activists and several armoured ex-army Land Rovers and we now put our men and our resources at UKIP’s disposal during the period of election campaigning.
    We shall continue to fight UKIP for votes at the ballot but we will not allow fellow patriots to be bullied off our streets by un-elected thugs who do not even stand for election themselves.
    We forced the bully boys of the Muslim patrols off the streets of east London and we shall deploy our units to ensure that UKIP have the right to campaign free from attacks by leftwing hooligans.
    Today we put principles and country above politics, maybe others will follow suit.
    END

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 139 total)

The topic ‘Yay! UKIP employing Latvians to deliver their election leaflets.’ is closed to new replies.