• This topic has 138 replies, 44 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 139 total)
  • Yay! UKIP employing Latvians to deliver their election leaflets.
  • carlosg
    Free Member

Beats me why UKIP would bother sending extra leaflets out . Every political party taking part in an election be it Euro,national or local gets a free leaflet delivery via Royal mail. The correct number of leaflets for each postcode area is delivered to the sorting offices so they can be delivered to every property in that area.Returns are not allowed as only the correct amount should be supplied (although the UKIP ones were about 3500 too many).
    We had UKIP last week, today we recieved Labour and the Green party leaflets arrive tomorrow

chewkw
    Free Member

El-bent – Member

Great, Chewkw has turned up, there goes the neighbourhood.

😆 You lot are thinking too much.

Regardless of who you choose you will always choose zombie maggots from the four main parties i.e. Tory, Labour, Lib Dem or UKIP(MEP only).

My rationale:

Tory – they have only been back for one term so give them a chance. How much worst can that be by comparison to previous govt under Labour?

Labour – they were in govt for 3 terms and power really got to their heads. Should be out for at least 3 terms.

Lib Dem – King maker? They are cartoons aren’t they? Apart from Vince who I think is a nice guy.

UKIP – someone to voice up against EU zombies because the other three main parties simply do not have the guts to do so. Ya, ya I hear you saying delicate negotiations to lead whatever etc … sort that. Nobody is going to die of starvation en mass.

🙄

El-bent
    Free Member

My rational:

You didn’t need to type any more beyond this point.

derekfish
    Free Member

It used to be the duty of the church to teach religion, or you opt in to RI.

No more than I want my kids to be indoctrinated into the CofE, or Catholicism, I don’t want them taught about another meaningless belief. As an extra add on? Fine, but only after they’ve been taught enough about the UK to understand our founding principles.

Thereby a basis for judgement can be made.

Which inevitably will be that most religions are the root of all evil.

But that freedom and justice are worth fighting for and protecting.

weare138
    Free Member
    chewkw
    Free Member

El-bent – Member

My rational:

You didn’t need to type any more beyond this point.

😆 I know I have some.

ampthill

So there are not enough UKIP supporters to hand out the leaflets.

Looks like less of a up welling of public support than they like portray it

boxelder

Rationale

Education should prepare kids for the future. Understanding Islam will be far more use than Magna Carta.

Young kids find Political/constitutional history as dull as….

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Ive just used a UKIP flyer as a cat litter liner.
    Anyone have a photo of Derek?

but only after they’ve been taught enough about the UK to understand our founding principles.

Thing about the UK is that it wasn’t really founded, it just sort of happened, mainly by accident. And there certainly aren’t any founding principles.

From memory, Magna Carta is mainly about preserving the power of individual aristocrats, and putting down the Jews.

derekfish
    Free Member

somewhatslightlydazed – Member

From memory, Magna Carta is mainly about preserving the power of individual aristocrats, and putting down the Jews.

So you don’t know anything about the basis of the freedom of the individual and the right to trial then.

Nick

I don’t want them taught about another meaningless belief.

You may think it is meaningless, I might think it is meaningless, however several billion people don’t. Might be useful to be aware of this, no?

ninfan
    Free Member

putting down the Jews.

Ah well, of course thats where constitutional history gets interesting – as the relevance of the reference to Jews in Magna Carta was of course the fact that they were main money lenders, since lending money with payment of interest was prohibited under Christian doctrine, as it still is under Islam.

So there we see the histories of big contemporary issues such as international finance, the regulation of banking, the concentration of money in the hands of the wealthy, the roots of future persecution and an exploration of the theological ties between Christianity and Islam – all these things tie into teaching an understanding of this historical bit of paper! Marvellous 😀

derekfish
    Free Member

muddydwarf – Member
    Ive just used a UKIP flyer as a cat litter liner.
    Anyone have a photo of Derek?

I’m taking names here.. 😉

You and Tom will be the first into the ‘showers’

derekfish
    Free Member

Nick – Member
    I don’t want them taught about another meaningless belief.
    You may think it is meaningless, I might think it is meaningless, however several billion people don’t. Might be useful to be aware of this, no?

Maybe, but only after they have an understanding of Magna Carta, the Civil War, then the various historical reasons those several billion people might want to come here and why UKIP supporters might not want them all here.

boxelder

That’s me out.
    Very poor taste there derekfish.

derekfish
    Free Member

ninfan – Member
    putting down the Jews.
    Ah well, of course thats where constitutional history gets interesting – as the relevance of the reference to Jews in Magna Carta was of course the fact that they were main money lenders, since lending money with payment of interest was prohibited under Christian doctrine, as it still is under Islam.

So there we see the histories of big contemporary issues such as international finance, the regulation of banking, the concentration of money in the hands of the wealthy, the roots of future persecution and an exploration of the theological ties between Christianity and Islam – all these things tie into teaching an understanding of this historical bit of paper! Marvellous

Good Point ninfan, nice to see some here have had an education, let me guess, it took place before the eighties..

anagallis_arvensis

Pandering to Islam is just one irritating politically correct instance. Why Islam? Why not the Hindu Faith, or Buddism, both peaceful religions, both with representation here, but beyond that, the Magna Carta is the root of the freedoms and basis for our Justice System, which has been exported far and wide, pretty fundamental that kids know about it rather than some aggressively bigoted religion like Islam.

NURSE, he’s out of his bed again!!!!!

derekfish
    Free Member

boxelder – Member
    That’s me out.
    Very poor taste there derekfish.

It’s a joke chap, poor taste maybe, but a joke just the same, I know it’s not permitted for those arguing a right of centre point to be permitted to attempt gallows humour, but just the same…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Post reported. Seriously not acceptable.

ninfan
    Free Member

Born ’74

I had a library card!

Nick

several billion people might want to come here and why UKIP supporters might not want them all here.

Yeah yeah yeah, but several billion people won’t come here, however many times UKIP, BNP, EDL and you say that they want to.

So you don’t know anything about the basis of the freedom of the individual and the right to trial then

I know it states that no freeman can be punished except through the law of the land. But why should I give a shit? I’m a serf. And a woman.

derekfish
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    Post reported. Seriously not acceptable.

Really? Not even with the obvious wink? You do take yourself very seriously…

Maybe, but only after they have an understanding of Magna Carta, the Civil War,

The point about history, your real history rather than the Alf Garnett/UKIP view spouted by certain people, is there might (just possibly) be more than one way of “understanding” something like Magana Carta or the Civil Wars.

But don’t let proper historical debate get in the way of your propaganda.

derekfish
    Free Member

So you don’t know anything about the basis of the freedom of the individual and the right to trial then

I know it states that no freeman can be punished except through the law of the land. But why should I give a shit? I’m a serf. And a woman.

And you’d rather your kids knew about Islam than your own basic freedoms and how they came about?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yes, really. And if you think I take myself seriously, then you’re not only deeply offensively unfunny, but utterly ignorant as well.

That wasn’t funny. It wasn’t gallows humour.

derekfish
    Free Member

Maybe, but only after they have an understanding of Magna Carta, the Civil War,

The point about history, your real history rather than the Alf Garnett/UKIP view spouted by certain people, is there might (just possibly) be more than one way of “understanding” something like Magana Carta or the Civil Wars.

But don’t let proper historical debate get in the way of your propaganda.

I think you may be mistaking my take on all this, seriously I’m not here to promote the likes of UKIP, I’m merely indicating why they are suddenly rising up in popularity, so, it’s not ‘propaganda’ it’s the reason through errors of Political correctness that a pendulum has been set in motion, and my over riding point is that it is to do with education or the lack of it.

sweepy
    Free Member

I never thought i’d even come close to defending derekfish but that was clearly a joke. I myself have used the similar ‘first against the wall come the revolution’ joke on here, probably no funnier then but it was a joke. I hope its obvious I would never actually advocate the execution of anyone.
    That is about all I could defend tho.

derekfish
    Free Member

Yes, really. And if you think I take myself seriously, then you’re not only deeply offensively unfunny, but utterly ignorant as well.

That wasn’t funny. It wasn’t gallows humour.

Well I thought it was exactly ‘gallows humour’ as a reaction to having my picture used as a cat litter, I have to say I’m disappointed and surprised by your reaction, you are one of the posters here that I have found amusing and enlightened, so take that in the manner that it is intended.

munrobiker
    Free Member

It always staggers me that people can actually be right wing. Why on earth would you want to be unpleasant to other people, ignorant of damage you are doing to the world and generally downright mean when the alternative is being nice?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Sweepy, the ‘first against the wall’ trope is just that. It’s non specific, non offensive. Joking about a massacre like the Holocaust? Not funny.

derekfish
    Free Member

Sweepy, the ‘first against the wall’ trope is just that. It’s non specific, non offensive. Joking about a massacre like the Holocaust? Not funny.

Not wishing to irritate any further but the logic for using “Nazi-esque’ gallows humour is precisely because of the parallels drawn between the rise of UKIP and fascism. It also clearly hasn’t sunk in, that rather than promoting UKIP I am pointing out that it is precisely the excesses of the left that have caused it and education being just one of them.

Hell how bad is it when you have to explain a joke..

sweepy
    Free Member

I’ll be honest Flashy, is you looked deep into my posting history you would find a holocaust joke. Its the only one ive ever found funny or acceptable. I think it even got a laugh out of TJ tho he did call me evil, lightheartedly I hope.
    Do take your point tho.

ninfan
    Free Member

Joking about a massacre like the Holocaust? Not funny.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFzNBzKTS4I[/video]

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

When you have to explain a joke, it isn’t funny.

derekfish
    Free Member

Really Flashy I’d never had you down as one of the ‘outraged and offended’

I shall leave you to it with a quote from your very own Guardian columnist who’s name I always forget..

I hate offended people. They come in two flavours – huffy and whiny – and it’s hard to know which is worst. The huffy ones are self-important, narcissistic authoritarians in love with the sound of their own booming disapproval, while the whiny, sparrowlike ones are so annoying and sickly and ill-equipped for life on Earth you just want to smack them round the head until they stop crying and grow up. Combined, they’re the very worst people on the planet – 20 times worse than child molesters

I am pointing out that it is precisely the excesses of the left that have caused it and education being just one of them.

I don’t see that the left has been any more excessive than the right (or anybody else for that matter).

e.g Ignoring Magna Carta is just as bad as turning into so sort of cornerstone of the English way of life. Michael Gove’s attempt to re-invent WW1 is just as bad as basing your views entirely on “Oh what a lovely war”

I reckon part of UKIPs popularity is because the English love loonies. Just look at Boris Johnson.

kimbers

Shirley with the obvious hypocrisy and logical fallacies spouted by UKIP and its collection of anti-PC heroes/ biggoted idiots (depending on your opinion)
    People who vote for them are the ultimate example of poor education

RustySpanner

derekfish – Member

The more they get criticised, particularly by the irritating politically correct left

What do you find irritating about political correctness?

How is it my youngest child having benefited from a fine state education, followed even by a spell in the private sector and all her friends, know all about the five pillars of islam, but nothing of Magna Carta – as a for instance.

No idea, did you speak to her teachers at the time?
    Perhaps your daughter just isn’t very bright?
    Maybe she just wasn’t paying attention?

Anyway, you paid for her education – you probably should have picked a better school.

Pandering to Islam is just one irritating politically correct instance. Why Islam? Why not the Hindu Faith, or Buddism, both peaceful religions, both with representation here

Buddhism isn’t a religion.
    Again, perhaps you both should have paid a bit more attention in school.

Personally I’d sooner they were taught about the Hindu faith, which is open and encompasses lots of teachings, but then Hindu’s don’t go around bleating victim on one hand whilst bombing, torturing, discriminating, hell bent on world domination with the other, but that isn’t the point.

Didn’t teach you or your daughter much about the history of religious conflict in India either, did they?

They even have sessions boning up on minor little things I think they should know, you know like being able to name three or four English counties

I blame the parents.

You don’t seem to know much about the role religion played in Magna Carta either.
    Perhaps, as ninfan says, you’d benefit from a library ticket.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 139 total)

The topic ‘Yay! UKIP employing Latvians to deliver their election leaflets.’ is closed to new replies.