Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Yay :-) A what tyres thread!
  • andrewh

Hello.

Looking for some 29″ tyres up to 2.3

They will be on the bike I will commute on, 15miles road there, pretty way home, mix of open moorland and trail centre, and then 5-10 miles of tarmac. What will be half decent on grassy Landrover tracks and singletracks, but won’t be instantly ruined on the tarmac?

Or is it a lost cause and I should.just get whatever is cheapest and accept.that they won’t last long?

Previous experience: I like Maxxis, Ikon,Advantage and Minion, I don’t like Continental, especially Race Kings but their road tyres are OK. I used to like Schwalbe, RRs and NNs but lately they have become a PITA to fit. Not really tried much else.

Thanks

Premier Icon Poopscoop
    Subscriber

Not sure about grassy Landrover tracks… but I’ll stay the bidding with the Minion SS?

As with any tyre you could up the pressure a bit for the long road section,lower it for the fun stuff?

Premier Icon tomhoward
    Subscriber

Ardent. 2.4 if it will fit, 2.25 if not. Maybe an ardent race on the rear.

dskelly81

Specialized Slaughter – light casing variant

andrewh

Hmm, tempted by the Ardent, think a Minion may be a bit heavy. Are they a harder rubber than the Minion, last a bit longer on the tarmac bits?

Slaughter does look good, and reasonably cheap too if they turn out not to last that long. Hadn’t thought of Spec.

Premier Icon matt_outandabout
    Subscriber

XR2 – surprisingly good unless it’s gloopfest…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Yay :-) A what tyres thread!’ is closed to new replies.