Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Yari – how much stanchion showing / A2C length?
  • joebristol

I’ve got a 2017 Yari in 27.5” size that was 160mm travel. I’ve just put in a charger damper and 2019 debonair 170mm travel airshaft. However, I’m sure there’s a lot more stanchion showing than an extra 10mm.

How much stanchion have people got showing on their Yari / Lyrik?

I seem to have 195mm on view. Does this seem right?

Also, how do you measure a2c on a Rockshox fork?

RickDraper
    Free Member

Have you compressed the fork yet to equalise the negative and positive air chambers?

joebristol

I’m going to say no I haven’t. The service guide just listed you screwed the bottom bolts up to the relevant torque, then you just fill up the air spring to the relevant pressure. Is there another step I should be doing or does the fork need cycling a bit before I fully pressure it up and put it back on the bike.

mark90
    Free Member

The new airshaft with bigger negative air chamber causes some suck down when the forks are set up so would expect less than 170mm not more. Definitely try to equalise the neg spring.

joebristol

Ah, let most of the air out and cycled them up and down a bit and then filled them back up. THRey now have 170mm of stanchion showing. Maybe the negative spring hadn’t got any air in it at all until I did that.

benpinnick

Are you sure the footnuts are attached properly? The airspring creates a hard top out at just over 170mm of visible stanchion, if you had much more than this then something inside wasn’t attached.

legend
    Free Member

With that amount showing theres a good change the lower bushing wont even be engaged properly. Worth taking it apart and giving everything a look over. The air spring shaft wont have much more than 170mm sticking out the bottom of the leg, so check that.

You did swap across the top out bumpers and the like?

joebristol

After cycling the fork I’ve got 170mm of stanchion showing – I don’t think I had any air in the negative spring side as I hadn’t compressed the forks at all.

I’m pretty sure the footnuts are attached correctly –  I felt them tighten up as I screwed the bolts in – torqued them up with a torque wrench per the Rockshox guide.

They are now feeling good to go – they won’t extend past the 170mm of stanchion showing.

joebristol

The new airshaft already had a top out bumper on it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Yari – how much stanchion showing / A2C length?’ is closed to new replies.