Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Yankee Candles
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Just wondering if worth the cost? Thinking of getting a Christmassy one to add a bit of seasonal whiffy cheer.

newrobdob
    Free Member

I think they are pretty decent. Top tip – don’t use them for 20 minutes then blow them out as they won’t burn down to the bottom properly. Leave them for an hour or so minimum.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Got the othrr half a yankee candle advent calendar.

I normall hate that kind if nonsense. But they’re okay.

As above you gotta leave them running.

Cinnamon and Chedar got my hopes up.

cinnamon_girl

Lily-flame gets my vote, John Lewis sell them. I’ve made my own Xmas reed diffuser, go me.

vongassit
    Free Member

Gotta keep them wicks trimmed or they smoke like a badly mapped diesel. IME

TheDTs
    Free Member

The snack van I sometimes go to is next to the YC Warehouse.
    Bacon and egg butty surrounded with the smell of all of the YC scents at once!

Drac

Lidl’s version are just as good and only £1.99

newrobdob
    Free Member

Gotta keep them wicks trimmed or they smoke like a badly mapped diesel. IME

They do that if you only light them for short periods. Leave them burning for a while and the level of the wax stays constant just under the wick as all the wax melts not just the bit around the wick – you don’t get the bowl shape melting then

zippykona

Yankee are shit.
    Potter’s Crouch are the ones to head for. Lilly Flame are also good.

Kryton57

Pink Sand for us.

dknwhy

Yeah, they’re good. Get the metal thing that sits on top and they burn evenly.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Have I just logged in to a parallel world?

sirromj

Have I just logged in to a parallel world?

I think we’ve clearly been infiltrated by 50ish.org Womans World forums.

(Just in case anyone wonders, 50ish.org was a top ten search result for ‘middle aged women forums’ and I just assumed it was relevant)

Kryton57

Yankee Candles on a mantlepiece with a backdrop of a magnolia painted wall are the epitome of middle class.

olly2097
    Free Member

We got loads of them. Cappuccino is my fave. We light them to rid the house of the smell of 2 kids nappies

tewit
    Free Member

WOOD WICK. They stink.

AdamW
    Free Member

Like the sound of that Bluebell Wood one @c_g. I’m into the city on Sunday, I’ll take a peek for one. 😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ghah! Hateful things candles.. truely hateful. All the scent in the world won’t smother the stink of desperation.

Get these, plenty of them..

cinnamon_girl

Like the sound of that Bluebell Wood one @c_g. I’m into the city on Sunday, I’ll take a peek for one

Don’t be shy Adam, you need to put your nose to it. 😉

RustySpanner

Kryton57 – Member
    Yankee Candles on a mantlepiece with a backdrop of a magnolia painted wall are the epitome of middle class.

They are indeed the German SUV of the candle world…
    🙂

demonracer

I sell them … top tips as mentioned above

1. Burn them until the wax melts to the outside of the jar (a couple of hours for a large jar)

2. Trim the wick to around 5mm if the candle smokes

3. A Illuma Lid (metal thing) will hold some heat in helping the candle to melt faster and burn more evenly … some people use tin foil made into a cone shape.

ElShalimo

They stink, they are chuffing hideous.
    My sister-in-law keeps giving them to us. How can I make this madness end (not involving murder)?

tthew

Bob Carolgees was the official UK importer of Yankee Candles for a long time. FACT.

jonnyrockymountain

These are better

http://mbcandles.co.uk/

perchypanther
    Free Member

Don’t light one on a table directly below the thermostat for the central heating.

No wonder its cold in here.

km79
    Free Member

The only candles acceptable for men are the emergency (and definitely unscented) candles every man should have in the kitchen drawer along with the stormproof matches.

WTF is wrong with you lot? What’s next a thread about what cushions?

bedmaker

Don’t light one on a table directly below the thermostat for the central heating.

No wonder its cold in here.

Now that’s a top tip worth keeping!

martinhutch

What Pot Pourri for Chrimbo? 🙂

perchypanther
    Free Member

The only candles acceptable for men are the emergency (and definitely unscented) candles every man should have in the kitchen drawer along with the stormproof matches.

Do not, under any circumstances click on this link if you are of a nervous disposition.

You were warned.

What is seen cannot be unseen

https://www.jomalone.co.uk/product/3561/27977/for-the-home/luxury-candles/lime-basil-mandarin-luxury-candle

bearnecessities

WTF is wrong with you lot?

There’s not a man alive that hasn’t got laid at some point without the aid of candles.

What’s next a thread about what cushions?

Scatter cushions or GTFO.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I got laid by a Woman..

Cuddling Candles has no appeal for me.

I also got burned by a Woman too.. but that’s a different story.

theotherjonv

£300! For a **** candle!

Although in fairness, does include complimentary matches.

davosaurusrex

I was all set for a whanger shaped candle in perchy’s link so was initially a bit disappointed. Then I saw the price – £300 for a fackin’ candle! Jesus wept. Shirley any normal person that wanted a massive luxury candle would just nick one from a church? Or maybe from a cathedral if it was for a Christmas present.

Jamie
    Free Member

We can’t all be butch alphas like you, Ron Swanson.

davosaurusrex

There’s not a man alive that hasn’t got laid at some point without the aid of candles.

What you do in your own time with candles is nobody’s business but your own bearnecessities. You might not want to give those ones out as Christmas presents though.

bearnecessities

bikebouy – Member

I got laid by a Woman..

Cuddling Candles has no appeal for me.

Who says men are selfish 😀

globalti
    Free Member

Ugh, the fragrances in Yankee candles are naff and they compensate with a high dosage in the wax.

Jo Malone is much more classy with better quality fragrances.

nerd
    Free Member

Reading this thread, I’m very glad that Mrs Nerd sees candles as a fire risk and wouldn’t have them in the house.

globalti
    Free Member

A health risk as well if you allow the flame to gutter and send a fine haze of unburned hydrocarbons into the room, for you to inhale deep into your lungs. You might as well park a diesel-engined taxi in the room.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Yankee Candles’ is closed to new replies.