Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Yanitrackworld
  • docgeoffyjones

It’s <span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>Yani.</span>

perchypanther
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

RustySpanner

Nonsense.

perchypanther
    Free Member

WTF is that Flashy?

Fifty Shades of Oz?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Drac

Yani

perchypanther
    Free Member

RustySpanner

Or green, Perchy….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Is that hour pamaps grass, Perchy?

Explains a lot.

RustySpanner

We’ve got lots of pampas grass.

Luckily we’re both incredibly ugly, so no harm done…

perchypanther
    Free Member

…because I’m worth it

Liftman

Laurel

lardcore
    Free Member

Yani, if you’re mad. Laurel – for the sane among us.

Kryton57

Yani’s place is around the corner from us.  Kryton Jnr shouts “Epiiiiic” when we go past, has met a couple of the chaps in town and we see many more supercars than previous.

Home

Small industry gone successful in mediocre London Borough, whats not to like.  Might wrap the beemer 😉

db

Yanni unless you can’t hear

bsims
    Free Member

Depends on the speakers. At work, Yanni on small tinny speakers, at home Laurel with more bass, Amp may have effect on this as well.

sirromj

welshfarmer

I really thought this was just some sort of internet piss-take until my wife came upstairs as I had the Laurel voice on and asked me why I was listening to someone repeatedly saying Yani. And she knew nothing about it before then. I still thought she was winding me up. Tis proper bizarre

SaxonRider

That’s exactly what happened in my house, welshfarmer. Maybe it’s a Wales thing.

alpin
    Free Member

i had no idea what this was about…. googled around and i assume the OP is alluding to this:

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2018/05/dont-rest-on-your-laurels/560483/

(or at least the twitter bit)…

for what it’s worth, Yanny.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

My grandad had a two tone nissan laurel, great car, it spoke to you and everything, as did my uncle. Both had a big laurel bush in their garden. True story.

Still, yanny is the correct answer.

docgeoffyjones

Wives are always right.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I listened to it a few times on the car radio whilst I was out and about.  Initially it was Yanny but by consent rating  eventually I could hear Laurel. So i think its all in your mind

nickc

personally I heard Yalli, but then, I’m special.

Coyote
    Free Member

I hear laurel however when it first started playing I heard Yarrel which settled to laurel after a couple of times. I suspect that the real word is a little ambiguous and our brain sub-consciously decides what it wants to hear.

thepurist

I’ve got a (possibly) perforated eardrum at the mo – in that ear it’s Laurel, in the other one it’s Yanny

oh and a way to hear both

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/05/16/upshot/audio-clip-yanny-laurel-debate.html

theotherjonv

On the NYT thing…. in the middle / to the left, clearly Laurel.

three ticks to the right and I can hear Yanny if I want, Laurel if I want. Further to the right, Yanny, like it or not.

Interestingly though…… (well i think so) if I start far right and hear Yanny from the start, I need to come a couple of ticks back past my transition point to get to hear Laurel again.

ElShalimo

I hear Yarrii

Is that plural for Yaris?

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Yanitrackworld’ is closed to new replies.