Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Yahay its arrived just in time for the weekend :-)
  • postierich
    Free Member

First new bike in years,Canyon Nerve XC and cheap XT pedals from Onone, time to plank Immy in front of the TV.
    Will post pics of bike in build progress.

P8123869 by Richard Munro, on Flickr

PJM1974
    Free Member

What a perfect rainy Friday!

All you need is a few beers, a well stocked tool kit and a pizza delivery booked.

postierich
    Free Member

3rd day of rain on a row so been a tad peeved off,been knocked back for another job to so been on a bit of a downer not forgetting my partner finding out I had a new bike coming via Facebook :oops:. I did have a job when i ordered 🙂

Rich

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Got a new frame coming today, really want to build it up ready for the weekend as soon as it arrives, but I need to ride the donor bike to the velodrome tonight, so wouldn’t have time to get all the components cleaned and shiny first. And if I find I’ve forgotten to buy some crucial component I’m screwed. On top of that, if I don’t build it today, I probably won’t get it built until Sunday night.

Decisions, decisions……

RustyMac

postierich – Member

Will post pics of bike in build progress.

Where are these pictures you promised ???

Stoner
    Free Member

Hmm building a bike.
    Im bored. Off to the shed to see how many parts Im short of a build…

postierich
    Free Member

Done did not have to do that much only bit I,m concerned @ is the cheap looking acros headset and only ever used Hope brakes and the feel on the Avids seem strange, but for £1300 it looks like great value 😀
    P8123870 by Richard Munro, on Flickr

P8123871 by Richard Munro, on Flickr

P8123872 by Richard Munro, on Flickr

meandyuk

Hi Rich,

My xc 6 arrived too this morning apparently! can’t wait to get home to check it out… hope you manage a ride this w/e (rain or shine!)

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers
    Andy

postierich
    Free Member

I will be out rain or shine heading over Grizedale I have relatives coming over so its a must.

Andy
    Beware of the piece of wood in the rear dropouts I was hitting it a mallet untill I realised there was a QR going through it 😳

Stoner
    Free Member

looks a bargin. what forks?

Im short of a headset, cranks, stem and brakes. The limbo between too many and not enough spares 🙁
    dare I buy some “spares”…?

Kryton57

Just interested – anyone know if the internal cables run through guides inside the frame? How would one thread them back through if you pulled them all the way out?

postierich
    Free Member

Rockshok Rebas 120,s!

Stoner, Classifieds not cheap anymore !!

postierich
    Free Member

!!

postierich
    Free Member

Just interested – anyone know if the internal cables run through guides inside the frame? How would one thread them back through if you pulled them all the way out?

I will address that when the time comes 😕

lowey

They do look astonishingly good value Rich… let us know how you get on with it as a mate of mine has been creaming himself over getting one.

ahsat

Mate just got his last week. Bit of a step from his hardrock. I think they look really nice and great for the UK.

Enjoy.

Taff
    Free Member

£1300?! that’s a bargain!

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I,m concerned @ is the cheap looking acros headset

I don’t know about oem, but their aftermarket stuff I’ve got its excellent.

thomthumb
    Free Member

is the cheap looking acros headset

across are similar quality to hope.

although my across BB does creak (cups not the bearings)!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Very nice. A good cannock chase winter should reduce it to it’s component parts.

mildred

Yup, aftermarket Acros headsets I’ve got are easily as good as Hope, with a 5 year warranty.

postierich
    Free Member

Neil not living near the chase anymore! Up in the Lakes
    Saddle and grips need to go, the saddle is so uncomfortable and lockons are a must given the moist climate around here.
    Done the bouncing outside the house thing and the brakes seem really good!!!!

Got 2 lengths of white pipe are they to help changing cables when the go?

Brooker99
    Free Member

Ohh can I join in?
    I ordered an AM6 back in june which was due to arrive next week.
    It actually got to me last thursday, just in time for a day trip to Afan.
    What a christening of a brand new bike! Still mangaged to go over the bars though…
    First Full suss for me and I love it. Rode locally on monday night everything which I used to rattle over was very smooth.
    Another test ride due tonight on stuff I know well to compare excited despite the threatening looking clouds.

Edit: I wasn’t sure about the white tubes either…

franki
    Free Member

Looks pretty lean & purposeful Rich. 😀
    Could be right about the plastic tubes with the internal cable runs.

scruff
    Free Member

Triple ring chainset ❗

binners

That looks like an absolute steal at that price. I’m trying to think what’s missing from that picture? Ah that’s it…. some mud! Go and get it christened 😉

Postierich this afternoon:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnJk6bkjgko[/video]

postierich
    Free Member

Binners, Aye was like a little kid this morning!
    Scruff will never be as Nnarr as you and Granny will get some use!
    Looking for some tubeless wheels already 🙄

Rich

Trekster

From a Canyon thread on bikeradar, worth checking?

Oh and I found out why some of the brake routing will be different on some bikes!

Basically, they get a certain number of bikes with GB setup but the majority are Euro (brakes the opposite way round).
    So when they pick the bikes, if its a GB one they just send it, if its euro they have to remove the brakes and re-fit GB way!
    Brake hose had rubbed on bb shell or something, check the routing.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Looks nice Postie. Enjoy.

fathomer

Looks fantastic, I’m so tempted by one of these.

racefaceec90

that is fantastic for £1300.00 😯 😀 enjoy!

showerman
    Free Member

got a big box from canyon 2 weeks ago

not been of it since it came,17kilos of fun around my local woods over kill realy but off to the alps soon to get the big grin factor.
    saddle is not to compfy and never had avid brakes as you say feel a little funny
    fantastic value for money

Blower
    Free Member

this value for money is where its at!

nice bike.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Enjoy the ride Rich? We jacked in and left the Lakes a day early today. Been bloody crap weather since Tuesday… did manage a quite trip out over Iron Keld which the BW for started literally on the doorstep and had a quickier around the NFT but the weather but an end to any hope of exploring Claife etc. Gutted.

Planning a return one-nighter in the tent in a few weeks maybe depending on the weather.

postierich
    Free Member

No worries Davey give me a shout next time your up if you need a place to crash we are overkilling it @ the mo with a 4 bed so plenty of room.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Will do – that’d be reet nice!

BTW – bike looks awesome!

crazy-legs

Nice bike Postie! £1300?! Bargain. 🙂
    How’s life in Burneside? I cycled through there the other week actually…

postierich
    Free Member

£1300 and that included spare gear hanger and a £50 carrige and bike box fee.
    Passed on Burneside renting in Kendal untill we find the right place!

meandyuk

Could be right about the plastic tubes with the internal cable runs.

The outer gear cabling on mine had split through the plastic so I had to change it. I can confirm that the little plastic tubes are for the internal cabling. The inner gear cabling hangs bare inside the frame so you push a plastic tube onto it from the bottom until appears out of the top of the downtube. Then rip the old cable out leaving the plastic tubing and thread the new one in from the shifter!

wagenwheel

My girlfriends AM arrived last week!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Yahay its arrived just in time for the weekend :-)’ is closed to new replies.