Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • XXL+ baggy cycling shorts with decent padded liner
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

Does such a product exist? If so, where is it and how much is it?

Need to accommodate the Starship with comfort. Anything available for say £70?

TiA for info

portlyone

Endura Humvees?

Jamie
    Free Member

Buy 2 mediums, split the seams and sew them together.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

portlyone – Member
    Endura Humvees?

Not big enough, I bought some Enura baggies from the classfieds here, XXL, they were useless size wise.

Altura XXL are slightly bigger, but probably max 40" waist only.

rootes1

endura do custom sizes

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Pair of boardies froms TK Maxx and a pair of cycling shorts underneath? I saw some in a 42" the other day (can't remember where though). My mate, Yeti, just chops up a pair of lightweight army trousers as he's quite the monster.

odannyboy
    Free Member

should we call you derek "linford" starship perhaps…? 😯

TPTcruiser

<someone has to say it>
    Is there much need for padding when you're XXL+?
    </someone has to say it>
    😉

_tom_
    Free Member

Endura XXL just about fit my 40" waist, not much leeway though! One of the reviews on Wiggle for the Altura Flexx says they come up huge, may be worth a look?

wwaswas

as abobe might be better to look at buying shorts and liner separatly – you'll probably get more choice?

scottyjohn
    Free Member

I fit into Fox sergeants ok, as they are made from stretchy stuff but still baggy. Im a 42" / 44" porker! If not there were some threads recently with
    http://www.hossmtb.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1
    they look quite good
    or
    http://www.aerotechdesigns.com/baggy_bike_shorts.htm

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

rootes1 – Member
    endura do custom sizes

I can see on the website that they do custom clothing, as in team kit etc, can't see anything about custom sizes – is tailor made cycle kit much more expensive than standard prices?

barney
    Free Member

Lab gear (Australian outfit) make custom shorts; drop Gareth an email for your specific requirements.. not cheap though, but high quality.

http://www.lab-gear.com/

chrissyboy
    Free Member

Altura Gravity baggies are huuuuge! Usually take a 40" waist for jeans 'n' trousers but the XXLs luckily come with a drawstring so you can stop them flapping… And they're cheap too, around £25 from Wiggle last year when I bought mine… Get some ordered, you can always send them back if they're no good!

owenb
    Free Member

Decathlon do some XXL baggies which go up to a 42" waist, <£20 too if I remember rightly

matthewjb
    Free Member

Cannondale do some larger sizes. They're designed for the American market after all.

FuzzyWuzzy

Personally I would just get outers and use bib shorts for inners (I'd prefer that combo regardless of waist size but as bibs have no waist elastic they do have an added bonus for larger people…).

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘XXL+ baggy cycling shorts with decent padded liner’ is closed to new replies.