xx44 Taped Headset

Home Forum Bike Forum xx44 Taped Headset

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • xx44 Taped Headset
  • Premier Icon ratherbeintobago
    Subscriber

You need to change the bottom cup from ZS44/30 (1?” zero stack) to EC44/40 (1.5″ external). Top cup should be fine.

faz083

Afternoon all

I want to change my forks on my XX44 headset (genesis alpitude) to a tapered steerer, from a straight steerer. I tried fitting them in (as I thought the reducer was on the fork rather than the cup) but they didn’t fit. Can someone show me a headset that will fit? I guess the cup needs to be basically non existent because the current is fairly low profile, however it still didn’t fit.

cheers!

faz083

Perfect explanation, thank you.

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/cane-creek/40-series-ec44-bottom-headset-ec026967

Gonna go for that, will move the bearings outside the frame which makes sense. Evans because I can pick it up tomorrow.

Does anyone know of a ‘low stack’ top cap? I have an FSA on the top which is about 12mm or something, I need a low stack one as the steerer is a bit short. By ‘top cap’ (I got the wording from the hope PDF but not sure) I mean the compression part which squeezes the bearings into the cup.

Premier Icon nc21
    Subscriber

Recently did this on my Latitude with a Reba tapered fork. Had a Cane Creek top cap which was reused with a new bearing. Sorry cant give codes – bike in LBS to have new mech hanger sourced and fitted

faz083

All sorted thanks, picked up the bit this morn and fitted, runs perfectly.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘xx44 Taped Headset’ is closed to new replies.