Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • XTR Yumeya Chain (yes, it's taken that long…)
  • LoveTubs
    Free Member

Anyone deliberating about shelling the extra for one of these should go for it. I’ve used shed loads of chains on mtbs and road bikes (ultegra, DA, SRAM[top end SRAM]) and this outshines them all.

Yes, it’s taken me months to get round to doing…. time is rare atm 😥 I mean, just look a the time I get on here!

Hello, helllllooooooo

ianpinder
    Free Member

Is it worth it?……… No

Does that mean you shouldn’t buy it?…….. 😉

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Sorry, am I missing something here? Are you saying that you’ve bought one but rarely get the chance to use it but, in your opinion it’s very good? on what basis exactly?

vikingboy
    Free Member

These chains are great, been using them for a year now. Last twice as long as regular xtr. Not much uplift in price either

cynic-al
    Free Member

What’s the uplift in price compared to a cheap chain?

LoveTubs
    Free Member

Approx £30 for chain, the only downside for me (forgot to mention this) it come supplied with only one pin?? Unless, they’re Uber confident that it’ll not stretch/snap etc? Suffering from over-excitabality when it comes to fitting/owning new things, it has been known for me to fudge things from time to time – hence a couple of pins would have been the cherry in the box….so to speak 😉

RealMan
    Free Member

Connex chains, £20-25 and they work so well.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

If they are stronger than a standard chain, does that mean they are harder on your drivetrain? Or does the extra toughness result in less wear overall?

Titanium is very abrasive against other metals is it not? I’m guessing the ti nitride coating is there to make it tough.

meehaja
    Free Member

£30 isn’t too bad, I paid £32 for a 105 chain in a LBS.

fontmoss
    Free Member

could always stick a powerlink in if worried about only 1 pin

thv3
    Free Member

Must admit, I normally use KMC sl chains, and tried the yumeya for a change.

Not keen, will replace it with a KMC next time.

BigJohn

I got a Yumeya chain for about £25 from the LBS. I rotate it every couple of weeks with 2 other SRAM chains. I’d like to say I can detect an advantage but I can’t.

cynic-al
    Free Member

a chain is a chain is a chain.

End of thread.

Milkie
    Free Member

Is it OK to use a Powerlink with these chains? I can’t imagine there being a good reason why you shouldn’t, but thought I would check with the all knowing collective STW…

iain1775
    Free Member

yes fine

njee20
    Free Member

Yep, no problem at all.

They don’t do a 10 speed ti nitrided MTB one, so it can’t be that awesome!

Milkie
    Free Member

Dura Ace do a Yumeya 10 speed TiN chain, weighs pretty much the same as the MTB chain.. Not sure what it will be like on an MTB..

Anyone know what size spanner for the cassette tool!? Still waiting for an adjustable to arrive..

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘XTR Yumeya Chain (yes, it's taken that long…)’ is closed to new replies.